Senior 3D Environment Artist
ArtFull TimeBritish Columbia
Piranha Games Inc. shares the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we take the situation very seriously. To adjust to the current situation, we are still running our business as usual, while working remotely. We are currently hiring remote software developers to join our team as we remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe. Remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office once it is safe to do so.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Model and texture game ready worlds, asset optimizations and bug fixing.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Work closely with Level Designers to ensure all map creations adhere to concept designs and incorporate necessary changes
- Work closely with Art Director to ensure consistency, quality and focus on the visual target
- Communicate with both Technical Artist and Engineers to help resolve issues and aid in R&D
- Take lead on the creation, editing, and implementation of environmental art pipelines and processes
- Work with Project manager to establish accurate estimates to ensure on-time deliverables are met
- 5+ years’ experience modeling 3D objects and generating textures in a game development environment
- Post-secondary education in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design or equivalent education and experience
- Extensive experience in object creations of all types and sizes within game-rez budget, including modular assets
- Proficient with Unreal Engine 4
- Adept at creating materials in Unreal
- Proficiency in Art software such as 3dsMax, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Experience with Substance designer
- In-depth knowledge of both high and low poly techniques
- Ability to adapt to various artistic styles, from realistic to stylized
- Expert Knowledge of shaders, PBR, normal mapping and displacement creation
- Skilled in texture creations, both from photo-sourced and hand-painted
- An artistry for colour and texture application for terrain painting
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with 3rd party software to aid in speeding up production time, such as Ndo/Ddo, Xnormal, MaxScripts.
- Strong traditional art and digital painting skills
- Strong aptitude to continuous learning in/outside work hours
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.