Principal Animator - Animation Lead
ArtFull TimeBritish Columbia
Piranha Games Inc. shares the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we take the situation very seriously. To adjust to the current situation, we are still running our business as usual, while working remotely. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team as we remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe. Remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office once it is safe to do so.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
A senior level animator in a leadership role. Provides direction to a small team of animators and ensures work is completed to accepted standards.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Define, prioritize and assign game animation work deliverables
- Animate in various styles as required by projects
- Ensure that work meets quality standards and is in line with the overall artistic direction
- Be the main point of contact for other teams
- Anticipate and recognize potential conflicts or production issues, communicate technical and artistic constraints and recommend solutions
- Motivate and contribute to the development of animation team members, and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects
- 5+ years of experience working as an animator with some supervisory experience
- An undergraduate degree in fine arts or animation or possesses equivalent level of experience
- Familiar with managing workflow of team of animators, contributing to performance reviews and coaching others
- Some knowlege of motion capture techniques and processes
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.