ProductionFull TimeBritish Columbia
Piranha Games Inc. shares the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we take the situation very seriously. To adjust to the current situation, we are still running our business as usual, while working remotely. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team as we remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe. Remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office once it is safe to do so.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE:
Work directly with designers, engineers, artists and the Production Manager to ensure the smooth development of a PC or game console product, serving as a conduit between different functional groups.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Work collaboratively with the production manager, project stakeholders and team leads to assist in clearly defining project scope and schedule.
- Work with backlog owners to ensure the health of each team’s backlog and the healthy daily functioning of each team (scrum master.)
- Work with backlog owners and the production manager to remove impediments, dependencies and manage risk.
- Generate forecasts and proactively update the production manager and stakeholders when relevant new information is discovered with respect to the teams progress and schedule.
- Help drive the process of continuous improvement.
- Drive progress. Evaluate the quality of pending features and contribute feedback
- Create repeatable processes to improve efficiency and predictability
- Recognize and stay current with game market trends, patterns and customer requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about games!
- Experience managing teams with Agile methodology
- Experience using scrum based project planning and tracking software packages (e.g.JIRA)
- 4+ years of related game development experience in a hands-on production role
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and coordinate projects under deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills – ability to take initiative to seek out and solve problems whether it be internal work flow, or external processes which are slowing down the release process
- Technically adept - familiar with the struggles of software development and possesses some knowledge on how to optimize and automate processes and workflows
- Knowledge of the game development process, pipelines and technology
- Strong planning ability – understands the importance of documentation, exceptional attention to detail and able to consolidate information coming from multiple sources at once
- Critical thinking ability to analyze and offer alternative solutions as needed
- Previous Project Management experience in a technical environment
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.