Intermediate Software Engineer - Gameplay Generalist
EngineeringFull TimeBritish Columbia
Piranha Games Inc. shares the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we take the situation very seriously. To adjust to the current situation, we are still running our business as usual, while working remotely. We are currently hiring remote software developers to join our team as we remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe. Remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office once it is safe to do so.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Responsible for developing, programming, and implementing core gameplay features and mechanics.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Implement, prowith Game Designers and Artists to integrate their creative ideas into the game
- Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions
- Profile and make atotype, debug, and refine gameplay features, mechanics and tools
- Create systems and features in gameplay related disciplines
- Attention to product quality, scalability, and performance
- Provide ongoing support, improvement, and debugging for existing features
- Collaborate ppropriate game system optimizations for speed, memory, or bandwidth
- 2 to 5 years of game programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Have shipped one AAA title
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and optimized code
- Demonstrated extensive proficiency in and knowledge of object-oriented programming in C++
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated; Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with development of client server multiplayer games
- Experience developing gameplay and AI systems
- A passion for games!
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.