Events and Projects Officer
Programmes - Knowledge CornerPart TimeLondon, United Kingdom
The mission of Pilgrim Knowledge is to become the most trusted and accessible source of information on pilgrimage, educating and inspiring Muslims around the world.
We want to achieve this by promoting pilgrimage through educational and inspirational content, increasing awareness of its importance as well as improving peoples’ understanding of pilgrimage and ultimately being the first thought that comes to people’s minds when they think about Hajj education.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- This role is responsible for the delivery of offline events and programmes. This involves working closely with the Campaigns Project Manager to support the delivery of campaigns under the approved objectives set by the Programme Director.
- In addition, this role will be responsible for seeking partnership opportunities and developing relationships with stakeholders in the sector including but not limited to Hajj agencies, schools and madrassas.
- Strategically identify areas of interest for potential pilgrims, and delivering engaging events for the community.
- Work with the Pilgrim Knowledge Programme Director to produce and deliver knowledge plan for the year including strategic objectives and content learning outcomes.
- Experience of managing events and projects involving multiple partners and stakeholders
- Strong team player
- Proactive approach to research and keeping up-to-date with current affairs related to Hajj and pilgrimage
- Strong time management skills with ability to work towards multiple deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong self-motivator
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Willingness to learn basic project management and workflow tools such as Asana (training will be provided)
Reports to: Pilgrim Knowledge Programme Director
Note: This role is an open position until filled, with an immediate start once an offer is accepted. Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates however we may keep your application on record for consideration with regards to future opportunities.