Research and Content Officer
Programmes - Knowledge CornerPart TimeRemote
The mission of Pilgrim Knowledge is to become the most trusted and accessible source of information on pilgrimage, educating and inspiring Muslims around the world.
We want to achieve this by promoting pilgrimage through educational and inspirational content, increasing awareness of its importance as well as improving peoples’ understanding of pilgrimage and ultimately being the first thought that comes to people’s minds when they think about Hajj education.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
- This role is responsible for the collation and production of regular written content with an emphasis on relevancy, accuracy and authentic knowledge.
- Key deliverables include the production of monthly articles every related to hajj and umrah news, current affairs, as well as Islamic knowledge, history, and education.
- Strategically identify areas of interest for potential pilgrims, and producing engaging content for our readers.
- Work with the Pilgrim Knowledge Programme Director to produce and deliver knowledge plan for the year including strategic objectives and content learning outcomes.
- Work with Digital Distribution Officer and Social Media Manager to ensure effective exposure of written content.
- Excellent command of written English including fluency, punctuation and grammar
- Proactive approach to research and keeping up-to-date with current affairs related to Hajj and pilgrimage
- Strong time management skills with ability to work towards multiple deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong self-motivator
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Willingness to learn basic project management and workflow tools such as Asana (training will be provided)
Reports to: Pilgrim Knowledge Programme Director
Note: This role is an open position until filled, with an immediate start once an offer is accepted. Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates however we may keep your application on record for consideration with regards to future opportunities.