Social Media Manager
MarketingPart TimeLondon, United Kingdom
We are looking for a bold and creative individual to join our expanding Digital Communications team. Join one of the most exciting charities in the UK and help us take our social media strategy and content to new and interesting places.
Expectations and Responsibilities
Working closely with Marketing team members, as well as external agencies and consultants, you will be responsible for planning and executing a social media strategy for the organisation. You can strategically identify, and post, engaging content for our social media feeds which will inspire people to support our work. You will interact with our communities on these platforms to increase engagement, followers and the quality of their experience. You will identify key influencers and conversations where we can engage to better showcase our work and expand our reach.
- Regularly post and schedule content on Pilgrims' social media feeds,
- Work with the Digital Communications Officers and others within our communications, fundraising, advocacy and programmes teams to ensure that all content on our social media feeds aligns with organisational, and specific project strategies
- Work with our Umrah Fund team to moderate and respond to comments and interact with followers to best develop our online communities,
- Produce regular reports on social media performance,
- Advise colleagues and help them to develop content strategies based on previous performance reports and audience insight,
- Develop social media strategies to expand our reach and impact through social media channels,
- Identify key social influencers who we can engage with,
- Maintain strong knowledge of developments, innovations, and new tech in social media and identify any that may be of benefit/interest to Pilgrim,
Reports to: Marketing Director
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: 22nd January 2021
Start: ASAP thereafter
Hours: 15 Hours per month
Salary: £10.55 - £16.50 per hour
Note: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date, unfortunately, your application will have been unsuccessful.