Volunteer DevelopmentPart TimeLondon, United Kingdom
The role involves assisting with the implementation of the Volunteer Development Programme by recruiting, training, developing, supporting and motivating new and existing volunteers who in turn help to raise awareness of the Charity and support regional activity and fundraising events.
This job description does not provide a complete list of activities as the post is subject to change as the Volunteer Team develops.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- To proactively support volunteers nationwide, ensuring they have the necessary knowledge/information to enable them to act as representatives of the Charity in their respective communities.
- To identify and develop new volunteer roles, opportunities and projects
- To contribute to the on-going development of the Volunteer Team
- Ensure best practice is adhered to at all times and keep up to date on legislation/regulations involving volunteers
- Experience of supporting and motivating volunteers and supporters
- Experience of working with and development of volunteer networks
- Experience of delivering exceptional volunteer care
- Experience of working on cross-organisational projects
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with a diverse range of individuals who may be volunteers, supporters, donors, participants or beneficiaries,
- Strong self-motivator with ability to support and motivate others
- Demonstrate diplomacy and ability to work in confidence
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrate creativity and time management skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines
Reports to: Volunteering Manager
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: 17th September 2020
Start: ASAP thereafter
Hours: 15 Hours per month
Salary: £10.55 - £16.50 per hour
Note: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date, unfortunately, your application will have been unsuccessful.