EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
NordSpace (https://nordspace.com) is a Canadian startup with the mission to advance life on Earth, from space. NordSpace is committed to extremely rapid innovation and development of only the most ambitious aerospace projects with only the most ambitious team Canada has to offer. With divisions of rocket propulsion, autonomous robotics, satellite integration, and stratospheric balloons, NordSpace is driven to do everything it takes to bring space closer to Earth and inspire generations of space explorers.
The Technical Writer role is an opportunity to work with engineers and scientists and participate in making Canadian aerospace history at a time when interest and investment in commercial space are at an all-time high. You will work directly with the entire team to articulate and communicate their work across all sorts of channels ranging from grant applications to blog posts, whitepapers to press releases. We're looking for someone with a passion for space, a gift of persuasion, an eye for detail, and most importantly an impeccable ability to communicate.
- Research and write responses for relevant grants (e.g. SRED, IRAP, etc.), RFPs, and contracts
- Research and write persuasive and technical white papers, blog posts, and press releases
- Work closely with our engineers and scientists to document work to fulfill government requirements (mainly for SRED)
- Assemble content for technical presentations and slide decks
- Write technical manuals and product descriptions
- 2+ years of technical writing experience
- Strong scientific research and comprehension abilities
- Strong technical ability to quickly understand the technical aspects of aerospace technologies
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills (English) with samples of content
- A university/college/post-secondary degree is a must
- Experience writing reports for SRED and similar grants
- Aerospace industry related work experience, affiliation, or education
This is a full-time in-person role at our head office in Markham