Frontend UI/UX Developer
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
PheedLoop has always grown at a phenomenal pace, and it is a literal rocketship right now. PheedLoop is dedicated to developing critical systems for the events industry. From innovative software solutions to automate, simplify and monetize events, to new hardware products and most recently virtual event solutions, we are always building awesome tech.
Located in Toronto, PheedLoop is one of the world's fastest-growing event technology companies. PheedLoop is a bootstrapped and highly profitable company that is working on several new products over the next 12 months to make a big push into new markets. We are a small engineering team and are looking for an incredible developer to join our ranks and help us meet our strategic goals. Although the focus is on front-end development, we’re looking for someone who's comfortable diving through the entire stack to solve problems and keen enough to learn whatever is necessary to do so.
We’re a small and close-knit team so beyond just engineering, having an interest in the rest of the company and a collaborative mindset is a must.
Your Day to Day
- Adding to our various webapps which are mainly built using React
- Making changes and additions to our backend REST APIs built in Python/Django
- Building new mini web applications with React and Redux
- Following and implementing designs provided in Figma
- Optimizing design, UI, and UX for our applications. A strong sense of design is key
- Deploying apps to AWS by using and modifying our existing CI/CD templates
- Writing technical documentation
- Writing automated tests
- Working in a tight feedback loop with the customer success team and directly with customers to make sure we’re solving the right problems and constantly innovating
- Exploring new technologies and frameworks to implement at PheedLoop to keep systems and engineering efforts up to date, safe, and quick to build on
- Running product and architecture experiments, assessing success with product analytics data
- Working with marketing and account management teams to understand customer needs
- Minimum of 2 years full-time software development work experience
- A design portfolio and/or links to frontend apps you have built
- Proficient in a frontend development framework (React/Redux preferred)
- A strong design sense and attention to detail
- Experience with Figma or other design tools
- Experience in a backend development framework (Python/Django preferred)
- Proficient with REST API design, development, and third-party integrations
- Experience working with databases - directly and using ORMs
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (critical requirement to as documentation is a large part of this role)
- Can work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, often independently with tight deadlines
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Python/Django
- Previous experience leading development teams or working at small companies
- Experience with a cloud hosting provider (AWS preferred)
- Employee health care plan, 100% coverage
- Awesome workplace - snacks, team outings, books, learning opportunities, open workspace, beautiful and large downtown office
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, hard workers, thrive in environments where they are required to solve problems, and love to have fun. We want to work with people who feel they have a lot more potential within themselves to unlock, because we want to be a part of their journey and help them reach their goals. Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference. We're very careful about who we hire, and when, because everyone we bring on board becomes a member of the PheedLoop family.
This is a full-time position based in our spacious office in Toronto.