Digital Events & Community Specialist
PheedLoop is dedicated to developing critical software systems for the events industry. From virtual event technology crucial during these times and solutions to automate, simplify and monetize events, to new hardware products such as self-check-in systems and smart badges, we're always building awesome tech. Located in Toronto, PheedLoop is Canada's fastest-growing event technology company.
We're obsessed with listening to customer feedback because we're able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed as soon as we hear good ideas. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and closing deals. If you're looking for an experience that will test your limits, accelerate your career, and allow you to dream big, we'd love to work with you and change the industry forever.
The Digital Events and Community Specialist role is very important at this time for us. We just ran a user conference with over 1,000 engaged event professionals, customers, partners, and more on the PheedLoop platform. The demand and excitement was through the roof, we had no idea the PheedLoop community was so active and passionate. So, we are looking to run a lot more events for the events industry using the PheedLoop platform. There are other layers to this opportunity that are even more exciting both for PheedLoop and the candidate selected for this role but cannot be disclosed publicly.
We are looking for someone with the essential skills coupled with a tremendous amount of drive and passion for career growth. We're on a very exciting growth trajectory right now as a company with events going fully virtual, and we have a lot we can do on the event management and community growth side with someone who has a background in planning events. We're a highly collaborative, extremely hard-working, and fun-loving team. We're really looking for someone who will be a great cultural fit at PheedLoop, with ambitions to grow with us for the next few years. You will be working closely with the whole team, from engineers to sales, and especially closely with the CEO, learning valuable digital and growth marketing skills along the way.
If you believe digital and virtual event experiences are the future and you're looking to upskill and gain the necessary experience to meet the needs of the future of the events industry, this role is absolutely for you. This will start initially as a minimum 4-month contract role.
- 1+ years of event (conference, meeting, expo, etc.) planning experience (physical or virtual)
- Experience organizing speakers, exhibitors, teams, attendees, and sponsors
- Experience with web design tools (e.g. Canva, website builders)
- Experience with marketing automation tools (e.g. HubSpot)
- Experience with social media management and tools
- Working knowledge of event technology tools (e.g. PheedLoop, Eventbrite)
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong on-camera presence
- Strong graphic design skills
- Published written content
- Employee health care plan, 100% coverage fully paid by PheedLoop
- Beautiful downtown Toronto office
- Awesome workplace - snacks, team outings, books, learning opportunities, open workspace
For Toronto-based candidates, this is a full-time position based in our spacious office at 510 Front Street West, Toronto. It is mandatory to practice social distancing in the workplace or wear a mask when it is not possible. Workplace safety is of paramount importance. We are open to remote candidates as well.