Virtual Reality and Game Developer
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
PheedLoop has always grown at a phenomenal pace, and it is a literal rocketship right now with events going virtual. We are in stealth mode with one of our newest projects, and are in the midst of developing virtual reality and advanced MMO style experiences. Our team loves gaming, virtual reality, and hacking away at everything from Unity3D to Blender. We've even got our own PheedLoop Discord server that we use for work and communication.
PheedLoop is dedicated to developing critical systems for the events industry (conferences and expos). From innovative software solutions to automate, simplify and monetize events, to new hardware products and most recently virtual event solutions, we are always building awesome tech. Located in the heart of Toronto (downtown, on Front Street), PheedLoop is Canada's fastest-growing event technology company.
We are obsessed with listening to customer feedback, because we are able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and closing deals. If you're looking for an experience that will test your limits, accelerate your career, and allow you to dream big, we would love to work with you and change an industry forever.
We are a small engineering team at PheedLoop and are looking for an incredible engineer to join our ranks and help us meet our strategic goals for the next few quarters. We are early in our development of VR and game experiences, but have an experience engineering team that will be collaborating with you in the design, development and constant advancement of the technology. We’re also a small and close-knit team so beyond just engineering, having an interest in the rest of the company and a collaborative mindset is a must.
Your Day to Day
- Working on Unity 3D based development on a variety of projects and platforms
- Setting up, creating, and lighting scenes, prefabs, and assets
- Working closely with engineers on other projects for integration
- Optimizing and designing projects for virtual and mixed reality using XR plugins (primarily using the Oculus Quest for testing)
- Developing with the PheedLoop API or standard browser communication to incorporate event assets and data into dynamic scenes
- Rigging and animating assets
- Minimum of 2 years of software development, specifically game development
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Unity 3D and C#
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with Git and version control
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (critical requirement to as documentation is a large part of this role)
- Can work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, often independently with tight deadlines
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Game Development, or other science/engineering field
- Portfolio of personal projects
Nice to Haves
- Experience developing for virtual and mixed reality devices
- Previous experience leading development teams or working at small companies
- Employee health care plan, 100% coverage
- Awesome workplace - snacks, team outings, books, learning opportunities, open workspace, beautiful and large downtown office
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, hard workers, thrive in environments where they are required to solve problems, and love to have fun. We want to work with people who feel they have a lot more potential within themselves to unlock, because we want to be a part of their journey and help them reach their goals. Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference. We're very careful about who we hire, and when, because everyone we bring on board becomes a member of the PheedLoop family.
This is a full-time position based in our spacious office at 510 Front Street West, Toronto. It is mandatory to practice social distancing in the workplace or wear a mask when it is not possible. Workplace safety is of paramount importance.