EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
PheedLoop is dedicated to developing critical systems for the events industry (conferences and expos). From innovative software solutions to automate, simplify and monetize events, to new hardware products and most recently virtual event solutions, we're always building awesome tech. Located in Toronto, PheedLoop is one of Canada's fastest-growing event technology companies.
We're obsessed with listening to customer feedback, because we're able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed as soon as we hear good ideas. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and closing deals. If you're looking for an experience that will test your limits, accelerate your career, and allow you to dream big, we'd love to work with you and change an industry forever.
We are a small engineering team at PheedLoop and are serious when we say we are looking for a full stack developer. We’re looking for someone comfortable diving through the entire stack to solve the problem at hand and be keen to learn whatever’s necessary to do so. We’re also a small and close-knit team beyond just engineering and having an interest in the rest of the company and a collaborative mindset is a must.
Your Day to Day
- Adding to our backend which is mainly built using Python and the Django framework
- Building new and optimizing existing REST API end-points for greater performance and simplicity
- Developing new features based on ongoing customer requests, and fixing bugs
- Upgrading existing codebase to support newer packages and speed up deployments
- Writing automated tests
- Documenting APIs, and developing integrations with third-party software systems
- Using Angular JS or React to develop new, scalable front-end functionality
- Upgrading and decoupling some of PheedLoop’s core frontend interfaces
- Quickly building and iterating on experimental new projects
- Monitoring, responding to incidents, and upgrading infrastructure (AWS)
- Assessing the scalability, performance, and security of new and existing code
- Adding to, maintaining, and building new CI/CD pipelines
- Working in a tight feedback loop with the customer success team and directly with customers to make sure we’re solving the right problems and innovating
- Exploring new technologies and frameworks to implement at PheedLoop to keep systems and engineering efforts up to date, safe, and quick to build on
- Running product and architecture experiments, assessing success with product analytics data
- Working with marketing and account management teams to understand customer needs
- Minimum of 1 year full-time software development work experience
- A strong understanding of both frontend and backend web development
- Proficient in a backend development framework (Python/Django is preferred but a good understanding of backend principles and design patterns is more important)
- Experience with a cloud hosting provider (AWS is preferred)
- Proficient with REST API design, development, and third-party integration
- Experience working with databases - directly and using ORMs
- Experience writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with Git and version control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, often independently with tight deadlines
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or other science/engineering field
- Portfolio of personal projects
Nice to Haves
- UX and design expertise
- Previous experience leading development teams or working at small companies
- Employee health care plan, 100% coverage
- Accessible office, 2-minutes to TTC subway
- Awesome workplace - snacks, team outings, books, learning opportunities, open workspace
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, hard workers, thrive in environments where they are required to solve problems, and love to have fun. We want to work with people who feel they have a lot more potential within themselves to unlock, because we want to be a part of their journey and help them reach their goals. Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference.
More About Us
PheedLoop is a 360° event automation, monetization, and engagement platform for event organizers, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees. PheedLoop flips the whole idea of event execution on its head by giving event planners an incredible amount of control, insight, and sales/marketing tools for their events.
From sales optimized registration/ticketing, synced stakeholder portals, and instant mobile apps, to on-site check-in/badges, automated surveys, and exhibitor/sponsor monetization systems, PheedLoop is the ultimate streamlined event management system. PheedLoop is used by events of all types and sizes around the world and is a platform built by all our amazing event planners and engineers.