Full Stack Engineer Internship
PheedLoop is dedicated to developing critical systems for the events industry (conferences and expos). From innovative software solutions to automate, simplify and monetize events, to new hardware products such as self-check-in systems and smart badges, we're always building awesome tech. Located in Toronto, PheedLoop is one of Canada's fastest-growing event technology companies.
Demand for PheedLoop’s product has exploded due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as many events have started looking for virtual event solutions. As a live events platform first, our company rapidly implemented a virtual conference and trade show module on top of our existing systems, which has already helped countless events. We have several technical projects in stealth mode which we look forward to architecting and building with you.
We're on a path to infuse the events industry with a new way of planning events. We're obsessed with listening to customer feedback, because we're able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed as soon as we hear good ideas. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and starting new customer relationships.
Your Day to Day
You will be working with an experienced team, reporting directly to and working with PheedLoop’s senior engineers and technical CEO. A lot of our work is project based and conducted in quick sprints. You will be working on front and backend tasks related to building components of PheedLoop’s core systems, as well as tackling containerized new projects. You may be pulled into projects related to upgrading infrastructure or even embedded systems, depending on your interests.
- Experience with Python (Django experience huge bonus)
- Experience with any front-end frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, etc.)
- Experience with general web development
- Experience using APIs
- Experience with Git and version control
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio of past projects
- Demonstrated interest in general “hacking” and “making” covering a diverse spectrum of engineering skills
- Work remotely (due to COVID-19 pandemic)
- Accessible office, 2-minutes to TTC subway
- Awesome workplace - snacks, team outings, books, learning opportunities, open workspace
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, hard workers, thrive in environments where they are required to solve problems, and love to have fun. We want to work with people who feel they have a lot more potential within themselves to unlock, because we want to be a part of their journey and help them reach their goals. Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference. Think of it like steering a small ship with a large rudder - and the ship keeps getting bigger and bigger as you steer it in the right direction!