Customer SuccessContractorToronto, ON
PheedLoop is dedicated to developing critical systems for the events industry (conferences and expos). From innovative software solutions to automate, simplify and monetize events, to new IoT and hardware products such as self-check-in systems and smart badges, we're always building awesome tech. Located in Toronto, PheedLoop is one of Canada's fastest-growing event technology companies.
We're on a path to infuse the events industry with a new way of planning events, to the point that no one will ever imagine going back to the way things were done before. We're obsessed with listening to customer feedback, because we're able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed as soon as we hear good ideas. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and closing deals. If you're looking for an experience that will test your limits, accelerate your career, and allow you to dream big, we'd love to work with you and change an industry forever.
You will be working with an experienced team, reporting directly to PheedLoop’s Head of Customer Success. In this part-time contract role, you will be assigned as needed for pre and on-site event operations. This role will involve travel to conferences and trade shows you are assigned to, and may transition to a full-time opportunity at PheedLoop in event operations. This role is ideal for junior event professionals looking to gain experience in the world of event management and fast paced technology. You will be responsible for:
- Traveling to select PheedLoop powered events across Canada and the United States (expenses covered by PheedLoop)
- Providing fast, friendly, and accurate on-site technical support for check-in stations, badge printing, mobile apps, and more
- Occasionally attending in-person or remote video meetings with clients in preparation for their events
- Maintaining close communication, occasionally outside regular business hours, with clients close to their events to provide any technical support or guidance
- Attending training meetings hosted by PheedLoop to maintain current knowledge of and experience with our technology systems
You will likely be assigned to 1-3 events per month, typically alongside one of PheedLoop's dedicated event managers. Minimal time commitment will be required before an event aside from short preparation and training/information meetings with your manager. Most events span 2-3 full days of work.
- 1+ years of event management or coordination experience
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Strong work ethic, with an energetic and positive attitude, not hesitant to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Excellent technology skills, detail oriented, and a fast learner
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma
Nice to Haves
- Experience in the events industry managing conferences, trade shows, or similar events
- Educational background involving event management
- Familiarity with event technology systems
$15 - 20/hr, depending on level of experience. Huge potential to transition to a full-time role.
More About Us
PheedLoop is a 360° event automation, monetization, and engagement platform for event organizers, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, and attendees. PheedLoop flips the whole idea of event execution on its head by giving event planners an incredible amount of control, insight, and sales/marketing tools for their events.
From sales optimized registration/ticketing, synced stakeholder portals, and instant mobile apps, to on-site check-in/badges, automated surveys, and exhibitor/sponsor monetization systems, PheedLoop is the ultimate streamlined event management system. PheedLoop is used by events of all types and sizes around the world and is a platform built by all our amazing event planners and engineers.