Business Development Representative
SalesFull TimeToronto, ON
PheedLoop is dedicated to developing critical systems for the events industry (conferences and expos). From innovative software solutions to automate, simplify and monetize events, to new IoT and hardware products such as self-check-in systems and smart badges, we're always building awesome tech. Located in Toronto, PheedLoop is one of Canada's fastest-growing event technology companies.
We're on a path to infuse the events industry with a new way of planning events, to the point that no one will ever imagine going back to the way things were done before. We're obsessed with listening to customer feedback, because we're able to build extremely creative solutions at light speed as soon as we hear good ideas. We love working hard, learning new things, building great products, and closing deals. If you're looking for an experience that will test your limits, accelerate your career, and allow you to dream big, we'd love to work with you and change an industry forever.
What will my impact be?
As a Business Development Representative at a small, high-growth company, you will be wearing many hats and will have unlimited potential to reach amazing career goals. You should expect to be running sales automation systems, and executing the sales pipeline starting with prospecting deals for some of the most exciting events. A lot of calling, emailing, and tactical networking will ensure our team has an amazing pipeline of prospects, and that you can advance rapidly in your career to start closing some of our largest deals (and no compensation ceilings!). Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference. Think of it like steering a small ship with a large rudder - and the ship keeps getting bigger and bigger as you steer it in the right direction!
You will be
- Prospecting, educating, qualifying, and developing sales qualified leads/demos over the phone, email, and social media channels executed largely through our CRM tools
- Encouraged to come up with new ideas, experiment often, and implement new technologies to build scalable growth funnels and sales processes
- Driven by weekly and monthly metrics to keep track of sales growth
- Working closely with the product and engineering team, and will be part of the constant innovation that we are so proud of at PheedLoop
- Working independently quite a bit, but will be part of the entire company's strategy
- Traveling for select industry trade shows (worldwide), to meet potential/existing customers, and to occasionally assist with on-site management
We work very hard, but encourage you to create schedules and routines which make sense to you.
Things you should know and have to succeed
- 1+ years of sales/business development experience
- Great phone presence with a confident, patient, and cheerful attitude
- Understanding of CRMs (HubSpot and/or Salesforce), and sales automation technologies
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding quotas
- Strong analytical ability to accurately qualify prospects and objection handle in real-time
- Excellent written skills for high quality email communications
- Excitement about growth and improvement, to poke holes in our process and implement improvements
- Ability to work in a high energy and pressure sales environment, high volume of calls and emails daily
- A university/college degree is a must, recent graduates welcome
Things that would make you an all-star
- Experience in fast-paced technology companies, SaaS, and/or startups
- Events industry related work experience, affiliation, or education
- Experience in event sales (e.g. booths or sponsorship)
- Experience using sales technologies (CRMs, outreach automation tools, prospecting tools)
- Employee health care plan, 100% coverage fully paid by PheedLoop
- Accessible office, 2-minutes to TTC subway
- Awesome workplace - snacks, team outings, books, learning opportunities, open workspace
Who We're Looking For
We are looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, hard workers, thrive in environments where they are required to solve problems, and love to have fun. We want to work with people who feel they have a lot more potential within themselves to unlock, because we want to be a part of their journey and help them reach their goals. Your work, just like everyone else's at PheedLoop, will make a massive difference. Think of it like steering a small ship with a large rudder - and the ship keeps getting bigger and bigger as you steer it in the right direction!