CAEL CE PASSAGE WRITER
Test OperationsContractorVancouver , BC
Paragon Testing Enterprises operates in the highly competitive and rapidly growing industry of English proficiency testing and associated instructional products and services. As a subsidiary of The University of British Columbia located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Paragon aspires to make its tests the Canadian tests of choice for immigration to Canada and for admission to Canadian universities and colleges.
Paragon is seeking Passage Writers to join the Content Development Team within the Test Research and Development Division. Passage Writers play a critical role in Paragon’s test production by developing test material. The role may be expanded, however, to include additional responsibilities.
- Create and develop new passages for Paragon’s language proficiency tests
- Complete passage writing training packages prior to commencing work
- Follow Paragon’s passage development principles and apply corrective feedback from the Content Development Team
- Work from a secure and private work location
- Adhere to the test security protocol set out by the Test Security Unit at Paragon
- Meet passage production timelines and manage weekly workload
Qualified candidates will possess, or be working toward, a Doctoral degree (PhD) from an accredited North American university.
We are presently seeking Passage Writers who have specializations in diverse fields of study. Particular interest is currently in the following fields:
- Environmental Studies
Qualified candidates should have post-secondary teaching experience in first-year or introductory-level courses in their field of specialization at a North American university. Current professors or teaching assistants are preferred. Experience teaching ESL learners or working in international environments is an asset.
Applicants must possess Canadian citizenship, Canadian permanent residence, or have a valid work permit in Canada. Applicants who do not have one of these statuses will not be considered.
Position status: Contract
Start date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Piece rate
Location of work: Home, or secure and private location in Canada