MARKETING SPECIALIST - SOUTH ASIA
Marketing and Customer ServiceFull TimeVancouver , BC
PARAGON TESTING ENTERPRISES operates in the highly competitive and rapidly growing industry for English proficiency tests and their instructional products and services. As a subsidiary of The University of British Columbia located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Paragon aspires for its tests to become the Canadian tests of choice for immigration to Canada and for admission to Canadian universities and colleges via the implementation of cutting-edge practices; our drive for excellence and maximizing potential and expertise. Paragon is a global company offering testing in seven countries and continues to expand making it an exciting time to join the team!
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing international organization. If you are driven and have an interest in helping South Asian communities of international learners and future newcomers, then this role is for you! On a daily basis, you will be required to develop strategies to market existing language testing products into South Asia, with a primary focus on India. The role incorporates a range of functions, including targeted marketing activities, analysis and research as well as to project-manage key initiatives in order to ensure Paragon meets marketing and financial objectives. We are looking for a team player who can juggle multiple tasks and work on independent projects while maintaining regularly scheduled responsibilities for website and social media maintenance.
The position will report to the Manager, Marketing & Strategic Initiatives and will liaise with the Business Development Manager - India. Responsibilities for the position include:
Key Performance Area 1: Communication, Marketing, and Engagement Strategies
Communication + Marketing:
1. Help develop and implement the appropriate marketing and communication strategy aimed at test-takers and test users.
2. Content creation for all of our company social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
1. Ensure internal stakeholders are briefed and aligned to marketing activities in area of responsibility.
2. Support creation of artwork, both digital and in print to ensure cultural relevance and effectiveness
1. Building and maintaining a wide network of international stakeholders.
2. Key Events co-ordination.
3. Maximising Paragon’s Brand exposure in the region.
4. Maintain a high level of Service Engagement with stakeholders.
5. Provide Logistical Support regarding the activation of marketing activities for the South Asia Region in Canada and in
Key Performance Indicator:
- Achieve high levels of engagement and market penetration in line with Corporate Goals
- Deliver measurable returns on in-market and onshore activities in Canada
- Establish Brand Equity in India
Key Performance Area 2: International Stakeholder Management
1. Maintain, develop and expand business with current international stakeholders.
2. Research, identify and carry out targeted campaigns with new and existing clients.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Grow and maintain database of international preparation providers, education and immigration agents, and business and government stakeholders
Key Performance Area 3: Market Research and Analysis
1. Marketing intelligence: Gather and interpret
2. Build understanding and knowledge base for key stakeholder groups.
3. Accurately maintain all related administrative duties to ensure efficient completion of programming activities and communications.
Key Performance Indicator:
- Accurate Customer Profiling
- Accurate Market Analysis
- Achievement of Revenue Targets for Region
- Qualified candidates will have an undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution in business, communications, marketing, or a related field.
Experience and Abilities
- This role is for you provided that you have:
- Excellent language proficiency in English (including reading, listening, writing, and speaking) is a must;
- Fluent in Hindi and/or Punjabi required (including reading, listening, writing, and speaking) is a must, any additional languages are beneficial;
- Effective oral and written communication, problem solving, customer service, and organizational skills;
- A self-starter with an outgoing personality;
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite to create strong, engaging social creative
- Google Analytics experience, even just a little, but you’re interested in developing those skills;
- Familiarity with blogging platforms and social media;
- Wordpress experience preferred;
- Ability to interpret data and translate into actionable items;
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work well as part of a team;
- Comfortable relationship-building at industry events;
- Experience presenting to large groups of individuals: upwards of 50 at a time;
- Experience with computer business applications required, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), email, and other database software;
- Experience in education, immigration fields, or language testing. Current knowledge of the market is an asset.
In order to be considered for this role, you must:
- Provide cover letter indicating why you believe you are the right fit.
- Ability and willingness to travel across Canada and internationally if required.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Possess a Canadian citizenship, Canadian permanent residence, or have a valid work permit in Canada. Applicants who do not have one of these statuses will not be considered.
Position status: Permanent, full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: 45,000 –50,000, starting salary to be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and experience
Location: Broadway Tech Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Competition closing date: Until position is filled