HELPDESK SUPPORT SPECIALIST (SHIFT)
PARAGON TESTING ENTERPRISES operates in the highly competitive and rapidly growing industry for English proficiency tests and their instructional products and services. As a subsidiary of The University of British Columbia located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Paragon aspires for its tests to become the Canadian tests of choice for immigration to Canada and for admission to Canadian universities and colleges via the implementation of cutting-edge practices; our drive for excellence and maximizing potential and expertise.
ONLY SINGAPOREAN/PR CANDIDATES CAN BE CONSIDERED.
The successful candidate will join the Technology team as a Helpdesk Support Specialist and help with the administration and maintenance of our computer systems, and in daily operation of our mission critical test delivery software. This role will support IT services throughout the Asia and Middle East regions. This also involves participating to establish methods and protocols for improving Paragon’s systems.
This position reports to the Manager, Technology.
The Helpdesk Support Specialist will:
- Resolve technical support issues related to test delivery and test processing for our partners (primarily located in Asia and the Middle East)
- Perform testing for system enhancements and bug fixes
- Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot and support a small office network (VPN, remote access, wireless, printers etc.)
- Maintain and support our in-house computer equipment and workstations to minimize downtime
- Keep track electronically of all IT equipment and purchases
- Collaborate and follow up effectively with stakeholders
- Follow up with the Manager, Technology, regarding timelines and system improvements
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems (Windows 8/10, 2012/2016 Server) and Linux variants
- Good technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols and standards, including RAID, Active Directory/LDAP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSL certificates
- Good technical knowledge in C#, SQL, PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages
- Candidate must possess an undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited post-secondary institution
Experience and abilities:
- Up to two years of experience working in positions with web applications and software
- Experience working alongside software professionals in troubleshooting technical issues
- Experience working with non-technical staff regarding business workflows and requirements in a collaborative manner
- Experience writing detailed technical requirements, business workflow documents, software testing documents, and other technical articles and blogs.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with careful attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- ONLY SINGAPOREAN / PR. No work pass or permit holders can be considered.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends as required
Position status: Full-time
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: SGD 3200 – SGD 3500
Work Schedule: Shift (Wed to Thur 0830 - 1700, Fri to Sun from 13:30 – 22:00)
Location: Singapore – Tokio Marine Centre
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Paragon offers a comprehensive and competitive wellness benefits package to employees and their eligible dependents.
Competition closing date: Until position is filled