CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - TORONTO
Marketing and Customer ServiceFull TimeToronto, ON
PARAGON TESTING ENTERPRISES operates in the highly competitive and rapidly growing industry for English proficiency tests and their instructional products and services. As a subsidiary of The University of British Columbia located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Paragon aspires for its tests to become the Canadian tests of choice for immigration to Canada and for admission to Canadian universities and colleges via the implementation of cutting-edge practices; our drive for excellence and maximizing potential and expertise.
Work under the guidance and direction of the Manager, Marketing and Customer Service and the Customer Service – Team Lead, to provide customer service to prospective test takers, end-user clients, and partner organizations regarding PARAGON’s tests and instructional materials.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive customer service to test takers via email, telephone, online chat, mail, and face-to-face interactions
- Process customer requests (i.e. registrations, transfers, and cancellations) in a timely manner
- Provide comprehensive customer service to end-user clients and stakeholders
- Promote the consumption and delivery of PARAGON’s tests and instructional materials to prospective test-takers, end-user clients, and stakeholders
- Provide support to customers in the delivery of PARAGON’s online products, preparation programs, and self-study materials
- Refine administrative procedures for effective delivery and implementation of PARAGON’s tests and instructional materials
- Liaise with the facilities coordinator for all equipment related to administration of PARAGON’s tests and instructional materials
- Provide input to updates of registration and reporting databases
- Provide improved customer service by becoming informed about the development of marketing strategy efforts to inform test takers and stakeholders about PARAGON’s tests and instructional materials
- Maintain the point-of-sales systems for registration and sale of instructional materials in conjunction with the facilities coordinator
- Track customer requests and provide input for improving customer service
- Undergraduate degree
- At least one-year of work experience in Customer Service
- Sensitivity to inquiries from test takers for whom English is not their first language
- Knowledge and experience with business and office procedures, practices, and their applications.
- Experience with computer business applications required including Windows Office (Excel, Word, Access), email, and other database software.
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail, to work effectively within a team environment, to exercise tact, discretion, and confidentiality, and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication, strong interpersonal skills, problem solving, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Experience in areas of marketing, operations, or management information systems related to the position will be an asset
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Commensurate with candidate’s qualifications
Length of position: Permanent, full-time
Competition closing date: Until position filled
Location: Toronto, ON.
- Canadian citizenship, Canadian permanent resident, or permit to work in Canada
- Willingness to work weekends, early mornings, and evenings as required
Position created: April 2019