Director of Business Development
HGCFull TimeThunder Bay, ON
Job Title: Director of Business Development
Job Summary: The Director of Business Development will work on developing a sales team to develop business opportunities for ORIGIN and ImmersiveLink. The individual will work with First Nations, industry, service providers, employers and government officials to develop partnership agreements. In this role the Director will develop, expand on and implement a strategy to develop ImmersiveLink ( Virtual Reality) systems and all programs and services offered by ORIGIN. The position will oversee a sales team and strategy to grow the brand and system throughout Canada.
Roles and Responibilities:
- Finalize a compensation schedule/ strategy to hire a commission-based sales team in strategic locations across Canada;
- Recruit and hire qualified sales team;
- Work on finalizing and implementing contracts with a qualified sales team;
- Work to train sales team;
- Develop a network of employers & First Nations while maintaining accurate up to date employer records with use of a CRM;
- Complete follow-up activities for all inquiries and provide additional information to employers & First Nations as required;
- Develop and implement monthly outreach activities to meet set targets to increase the number of employer participants for the organization; and
- Enhance relationships with employers and be proactive responding to their changing and growing business needs.
- Understand the range of services provided across the organization and lead recruitment initiatives to increase potential new business opportunities;
- Conduct employer outreach to develop employer & First Nation relations by telephone, email, social media, and in-person meetings promoting Virtual Reality modules, complete presentations to develop an inventory of employer placements for programs and services;
- Network and build relationships with prospective partners to cultivate new opportunities;
- Document outreach activities and track progress in developing new business activities;
- Participate in business planning sessions to prioritize strategies to increase engagement and partnership development; and
- Collaborate and identify business strategic deliverables with management and execute business development plans.
- Develop a network of community partners, including employers, employment and training service providers, ISET holders, education institutes, Indigenous community leaders and government officials;
- First Nation community and event travel to develop relationships to communicate business priorities and program implementation opportunities; and
- Provide presentations and conduct outreach to identify interested First Nation communities.
Marketing and Promotion
- Represent the organization as a leader in recruitment, employment and training in a professional and strategic manner;
- Utilize all marketing resources and promotional materials to facilitate growth for the company;
- Deliver presentations, develop relationships and positively promote all programs and opportunities provided by the organization to participants, communities, organizations, influencers, government and employers;
- Recommend improvements for related marketing resources and promotional materials;
- Recommend new strategies to management to meet best practices and address developing marketing trends; and
- Promote and increase awareness of programs and services through attending trade show, presentation opportunities, marketing campaigns and other events. Including providing recommendations to management to attend, partner and/or lead sessions and events.
- Manage travel arrangements including logistics, set up and transportation for outreach activities;
- Submit all travel expense claims regularly including transportation and meal expenditures;
- Keep records of leads and opportunities providing updates to the team;
- Request all time off for vacation, sick and flex-time days using CollageHR; and
- Book individual travel arrangements as assigned and submit receipts according to organizational policies.
Employer Data and File Management
- Maintain accurate employer records to assist with placing program participants;
- Ensure all contact information, notes and follow up for all employer files is maintained within the iternal data management system using ARMS or similar assigned platforms.
- Ability to converse with key decision makers in an organization and comfortable with negotiation;
- Excellent networking and relationship building with experience in employer engagement;
- Previous sales, marketing and management experience is an asset;
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and presentation skills required;
- Experience working with Indigenous community leadership and members;
- Computer competencies in various applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, email, Dropbox and social media platforms;
- Must be organized and possess the ability to plan, track and report on progress; and
- Must have valid G Class driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business or similar
- Valid Standard First Aid Certication
- Willingness to travel to various communities in Northern Ontario
- Required to travel by Aircraft
- Other duties and responsibilities will be required as assigned