Social Media Manager
MarketingFull TimeVancouver, BC
As Social Media Manager, the successful candidate will oversee and be the voice across our most important communication channels. The Social Media Manager should be a creative and social media enthusiast with a passion for building organic relationships. You are responsible for developing, guiding and monitoring OddFutur3 and related project's presence across multiple social media platforms while guaranteeing the tone of the brand.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment and in a rapidly growing industry of Web3 (NFT, crypto, blockchain, etc) This position is also ideal for an individual that has entrepreneurial aspirations, to expand their knowledge across various skills and industries, and wants to accelerate their own personal development.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the core team members to ensure the communications strategy aligns to business priorities and objectives.
- Developing social media strategies with the aim of increasing brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Creating captivating content for social media channels which currently include Twitter, Instagram and Discord but in the future may include Medium and TikTok.
- Develop and manage campaigns, community programs and special activations, not limited to online or in-person events.
- Lead the execution of marketing campaigns - including writing briefs, ideating content approaches, supporting the teams with required research or insights to assist in creative development, evaluating creative content to ensure it aligns with the brief, etc.
- Stay up to date on the NFT market and the moving trends to keep our organization on top of them.
What do you need to succeed?
The successful candidate must be curious and eager to learn as each task or project is likely new and challenging. As a result, the candidate should be flexible, self-motivated, possess strong problem-solving skills, and exercise good judgment in decision-making. Other critical skills include being highly organized, ability to multi-task, being interpersonal, strong attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication. An inherent interest in Web3 is 🔑.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in working with various social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Discord) and best practices. A proven passion for social media and an eagerness to learn. Active user/participant in social media is a plus.
- Great communication skills in order to liaise with multiple stakeholders, creatives and departments.
- Great interpersonal skills to help form with influencers and other key partners.
- Business or marketing degree/diploma preferred but not required.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest social media trends and Web3 technologies
- Open-minded to creative strategies and new ideas with a focus on proactive problem-solving.
Experience in startups and/or entrepreneurship is an asset, however, not required. The candidate should be reliable, self-motivated, and most important, possess a relentless appetite to learn.