MarketingFull TimeVancouver, BC
As Community Manager, the successful candidate will oversee creating and developing the communities within the company’s ecosystem, including both online and offline channels. The Community Manager should be a creative and social media enthusiast with a passion for building organic relationships.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment and in a rapidly growing industry. This position is also ideal for an individual that has entrepreneurial aspirations, to expand their knowledge across various skills and industries, and wants to accelerate their own personal development.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the core team members to ensure the communications strategy aligns to business priorities and objectives.
- Daily management of social channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Discord to curate content and drive engagement.
- Develop and manage campaigns, community programs and special activations, not limited to online or in-person events.
- Lead the execution of marketing campaigns - including writing briefs, ideating content approaches, supporting the teams with required research or insights to assist in creative development, evaluating creative content to ensure it aligns to the brief, etc.
- Lead the ongoing analysis and reporting to demonstrate KPIs and provide actionable insights.
- Develop and nurture relationships with third-party partners, vendors, etc.
What do you need to succeed?
The successful candidate must be curious and eager to learn as each task or project is likely new and challenging. As a result, the candidate should be flexible, self-motivated, possess strong problem-solving skills, and exercise good judgment in decision-making. Other critical skills include being highly organized, ability to multi-task, being interpersonal, strong attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Business or marketing degree/diploma preferred but not required.
- A proven passion for social media and an eagerness to learn. Active user/participant in social media is a plus.
- Open-minded to creative strategies and new ideas with a focus on proactive problem-solving.
- Current in-depth knowledge of social media channels, best practices and emerging trends.
- Proven community management experience, with a portfolio of work that outlines results.
Experience in startups and/or entrepreneurship is an asset, however, not required. The candidate should be reliable, self-motivated, and most important, possess a relentless appetite to learn.