Senior Software Engineer, iOS (Remote-Canada)
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
Sr. Software Engineer, iOS (Remote-Canada)
ODAIA nouno·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah \Ancient Greek word that means "that for which a merchant travels".
ODAIA helps sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behaviour. Our signature SaaS product Maptual (focused on the medical and life sciences space), incorporates data and AI predictions so that our clients understand their customers on a deeper level and with the right people, faster. Some of our clients include Janssen, Astrazeneca, Ipsen and Sandoz.
Founded in 2018 out of the University of Toronto, in collaboration with the University of Lausanne in Switzerland, ODAIA is led by experienced entrepreneurs, scientists and AI industry veterans. Though we’re working on serious, cutting edge technology, we consider ourselves a collection of diverse, smart, collaborative and passionate colleagues with a great sense of humour.
To help companies create sales and marketing efficiencies and grow revenues by
transforming their businesses around the customer while driving engagement and
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, where trust, innovation and ownership are valued. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, and the opportunities are extensive.
We’re looking for an iOS Engineer to help us deliver an exceptional mobile experience. In this role, you will work as part of a small cross-functional team to iteratively deliver value to our customers.
To thrive in this role, you are someone who works well in teams and enjoys collaborating.
Furthermore, you understand the business impact of your code and enjoy incorporating the business objectives into your approach to development. You enjoy working with product management to find the best solution to the problem at hand, and can balance technical tradeoffs with delivering customer value quickly and iteratively.
Your Day to Day
- As an experienced iOS Software Engineer you will be part of building uncompromising mobile applications working across our R&D Engineering team of experts.
- Deliver high-quality, high-performance, scalable code for continuous monitoring and continuous development
- Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end/front-end services.
- Support the entire application life cycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Utilize Swift to deliver and test new applications within the R&D Engineering team
- Day-to-day support of project initiatives including: participation in sprint planning, team retrospectives, code reviews, and user interviews.
Work in a cross-functional, product-driven engineering team
- Participate in technical design and planning discussions
- Collaborate closely with UX designers to build new features and delight our members
- Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
- Support and mentor junior members of the team
What You Bring
- You have extensive experience building and maintaining native iOS apps using Swift
- You know how to write high-quality, testable code, and understand the tradeoffs between expediency and maintainability
- You have strong UX and design sensibilities, and know how to bring complex designs to reality
- You are a strong communicator, and you can explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers without a problem
- When things break, you’re eager and able to help fix things
- Experience working in a startup environment is a plus!
What We Offer
- Working on unique challenges productizing data science in new ways
- The opportunity to make a full impact by designing, building, and contributing directly
- Tremendous growth and learning opportunities
- Great benefits! We offer top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services.
- Flexible working hours. We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock. We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results.
- An open and flexible vacation policy. Our employees can take what they want, when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved and get things covered while they're away. One of our core values is trusting and respecting each other, and this policy is just one of the ways we show it.
- Stock options, as an early team member
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with plans for in-person collaborative work sessions post-covid. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events, and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer who do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.