Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote- Canada)
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
ODAIA nouno·da·ia | \ 'oh-day-yeah \Ancient Greek word that means "that for which a merchant travels".
ODAIA helps sales and marketing teams by using AI to understand and predict customer behavior. Our signature SaaS product Maptual (focused on the medical and life sciences space), incorporates data and AI predictions so that our clients understand their customers on a deeper level and with the right people, faster. Some of our clients include Janssen, AstraZeneca, Ipsen, and Sandoz.
Founded in 2018 out of the University of Toronto, in collaboration with the University of Lausanne in Switzerland, ODAIA is led by experienced entrepreneurs, scientists, and AI industry veterans. Though we’re working on serious, cutting-edge technology, we consider ourselves a collection of diverse, smart, collaborative, and passionate colleagues with a great sense of humor.
To help companies create sales and marketing efficiencies and grow revenues by transforming their businesses around the customer while driving engagement and commercial growth.
We’re also on a mission to build an innovative, diverse, and ego-free business, where trust, innovation, and ownership are valued. You’re on a mission too? We’re here for it. We put an emphasis on career development for our employees, and the opportunities are extensive.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for creating and improving solutions to enhance both our SaaS Production environments and the ability for our Product developers to get their code into those environments. Further to this, they will design, build, and improve our CI/CD, deployment automation, and observability tools.
Your Day to Day
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly.
- You will own a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will ship high-quality, scalable, secure, and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
What You Bring
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps or SRE role.
- Solid foundations in computer science, and expert in design patterns, software architectures, and software system design
- Must have experience with developing serverless architecture in AWS. GCP and Azure would be a plus
- Experience with creating CI/CD pipelines to deliver applications on cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure or GCP; we use AWS
- Advanced employment of Restful API design standards and best practices, including familiarity with GraphQL concepts and design
- Application of API security standards, including OAuth2.0 / OIDC
- Knowledge of best practices related to code branching, build, testing and release.
- Knowledge of shell scripting like bash, etc.
- Good understanding of Git, Jenkins, Ansible, and Docker.
- Experience with implementation of logging, monitoring, and alerts on cloud infrastructure.
- Good to have - AWS Cloud Development Kit(CDK) experience, Automation testing
- Communicate clearly, ability to build good working relationships.
What We Offer
- Working on unique challenges productizing data science in new ways
- The opportunity to make a full impact by designing, building, and contributing directly
- Tremendous growth and learning opportunities
- Great benefits! We offer top-notch health benefits for medical, dental, vision care, mental health, prescription drug coverage, travel insurance, and alternative treatments such as acupuncture and chiropractic services.
- Flexible working hours. We focus on what we achieve and not the number of hours we clock. We trust our employees and empower them to shape their work themselves so that they can achieve the best possible results.
- An open and flexible vacation policy. Our employees can take what they want when they want it - as long as they get their work done, get the time approved, and get things covered while they're away. One of our core values is trusting and respecting each other, and this policy is just one of the ways we show it.
- Stock options, as an early team member
We are a remote-first company based in Toronto with plans for in-person collaborative work sessions post-covid. We leverage many synchronous and asynchronous communication tools as well as virtual social events and provide an allowance for your ideal WFH setup.
At ODAIA, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.