Senior Front End Engineer (Downtown Toronto - WFH during Covid)
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
Senior Front End Engineer
(Downtown Toronto - Remote during COVID)
This is a unique opportunity to come in and build something really big. We have an amazing competitive advantage because of all the development that went into our technology and platform that is currently being used by Fortune 500 companies.
It is an incredible opportunity to get in now! We are in high growth mode, so it is all about teamwork and winning together! We have a great product and a very talented and motivated team. The company will be growing extensively over the next 3+ years. We need people who are motivated to be an integral part of this high growth phase. This is the perfect time in the market to build something huge!
What We Do
ODAIA's Maptual and Multitüd are AI-powered sales and marketing insights, automation, and predictive analytics SaaS products for pharma and eCommerce, respectively.
Maptual helps pharma/biotech companies prospect, predict and engage the journeys of their customers in real-time by applying AI to enterprise data for developing smart segmentation, predicting HCP behavior, and triggering hyper-targeted sales and marketing Next Best Actions to guide omnichannel and field teams' towards enhanced brand performance.
Multitüd helps eCommerce merchants enrich their understanding of their customer personas and identify audience targeting segments based on specific performance goals.
What's on Offer
- Working on unique challenges productizing data science in unique new ways
- Opportunity to make a full impact by designing, building, and contributing directly
- Chance to work with a talented product engineering team
- Family-oriented startup culture and highly product-driven
- Tremendous growth and learning opportunities
- We’re located in downtown Toronto but are virtual during COVID. We stay connected through virtual calls, and virtual parties, BYOB!
- Great benefits!
- Stock Options
Who You Are
As a Senior Front End Developer, you possess the passion, curiosity, and motivation to design and implement solutions end-to-end. You are laser-focused on bringing value to end-users and have an amazing attention to product design details. You are a high-impact individual contributor who can also effectively mentor and collaborate with the team.
Experience in shipping production-quality code for medium to large scale software products.
- Build great software products in a dynamic startup environment
- Create responsive front-end SaaS applications
- Our Front-End stack: ReactJS, ES6, Axios, Redux, RESTful, GraphQL, Material-UI, ApexCharts.js, AWS EB
- Our Back-End stack: AWS, Kubernetes, ECS, RDS, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Cognito, Kafka, SQS, etc...
- Participate in all aspects of the product life cycle: conceptual design, development, deployment, operations, and code reviews
- Work closely with product design and know when to strive for pixel-perfection and when to scale the effort to meet deadlines
- Facilitate inter-team and cross-functional collaboration
- Setup best practices and develop technical and product domain expertise
- Juggle between production and rapid prototyping needs in a fast-paced environment using agile practices.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, refactoring, standards, and improving build and test systems
- Minimum 2 years of React experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Solid understanding of computer science: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, functional design, and other design principles/patterns such as Atomic design.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, browser DOM, JS and AJAX requests
- Comprehensive understanding of software systems in general, including microservices, SQL and NoSQL databases, unit and integration testing, CI/CD, API Design (RESTful and GraphQL), messaging, and containerization
- Familiar with one or more UX design systems and libraries: Material, Bootstrap, Polaris, etc
- Attention to product design details and user experience
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, security, and responsive design
- Understanding data visualization is highly beneficial
- Self-directed, take initiative, and adjusts quickly to changing priorities, and copes effectively with complexity and ambiguity
- Has exceptional communication skills, understand how to influence both technical and non-technical teams
- A continuous learner who seeks and welcomes feedback to improve yourself and your craft
Base Salary Range
$90,000 - $120,000
ODAIA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. ODAIA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.