Sales and Marketing Manager (Maternity Leave)
The Sales and Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the planning, development, and implementation of all Tattoo marketing, communications, and public relations activities.
12 months - October 2021 - October 2022
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the development, execution, and evaluation of annual marketing and sales plan(s), including production, festival, groups sales, special projects (fundraisers), and merchandise
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget, in conjunction with the Director of Finance
- Establish and maintain strategic community marketing partnerships that support the Tattoo’s organizational goals
- Develop media releases/launches and create close partnerships with members of the media
- Execute and oversee all media buys, creative copy, and related ad designs
- Manage the design and distribution of high-quality print and electronic collateral
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging social media and digital content
- Identify advertising sales opportunities with the objective of increasing Tattoo revenues (via onsite, web, playbill, and big screen ad sales)
- Develop, execute, and analyze annual patron survey
- Provide marketing support to fundraising appeals and special events
- Assist with annual reports to government funders, sponsors, and other major partners
- Provide research and preparation support for funding/investment applications
- Oversee website and shop updates and maintenance
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years marketing/communications experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Wordpress, Shopify, email marketing applications (Mailchimp), project management applications (Podio) or similar programs
- Familiarity with social media and digital marketing best practices
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism, or other related area an asset
- Experience in patron engagement and retention, box office sales and special event marketing an asset
- Experience in the live performance/entertainment industry an asset
- The role requires a self-motivated, creative thinker and someone who thrives in the challenge of a busy, non-profit environment
The Tattoo is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from individuals from equity-seeking groups such as women, racialized/visible minorities, Indigenous/Aboriginal peoples, African Nova Scotians, persons with a disability, persons who identify in the 2SLGBTQ+ community and others who reflect the diversity of Canadian society.
If you are a member of one of these groups, you are encouraged to self-identify in the cover portion of your application.
All applications will be reviewed by the Tattoo management. If management sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo.
The Tattoo is pleased to offer a flexible work from home hybrid, a four day work week from October to April, and health benefits.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.