Digital Marketing Coordinator - Summer Student Position
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Tattoo’s digital marketing efforts with graphic design, website management, online shop, and social media.
The successful Digital Marketing Coordinator will be creative and innovative, multimedia savvy, well-organized, and must be an excellent writer and communicator. Ultimately, the exceptional Digital Marketing Coordinator should have a firm grasp of the different digital touch points, drive highly effective digital campaigns, enhance user experience, and deliver on digital objectives.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Summer Student - Temporary 14-week term commencing April 15.
Work Hours - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday to Friday (35 hours per week). Some evenings and weekends.
Must provide proof of post-secondary student enrollment for September 2021
$14.00 per hour
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Support the maintainance of the Tattoo website and landing pages to ensure they always have zero errors, including regular SEO optimizations, broken links check, anchor links placement, CTAs, typos, dead pages, etc.
- Continuous updating of online assets, on website and social media channels
- Website management, with an understanding of HTML, CMS, and CSS
- Support the implementation of back end SEO tactics such as keyword optimization, alt tags, H1, H2, meta descriptions, etc.
- Maintain, track, report and analyze metrics to constantly optimize the Tattoo’s website, social media channels, and email marketing
- Comply fully with all privacy, confidentiality, marketing permissions, data security and other requirements related to the handling, access and storage of customer data
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Team with social media and content creation including video-editing, photo editing, graphic design and production
- Support the maintenance of the Tattoo’s Online Shop via Shopify, including implementing new products and promotions, ensuring details are up to date and providing additional support as needed
- Provide administrative support as required
- Project management
- Graphic design and creative asset development
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- 2+ years of experience in digital marketing but all levels will be considered
- Fluent in Shopify, HTML, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced with digital marketing software, including WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google for Business, Adwords, CRM & marketing automation, and social media management (Hootsuite)
- Excellent copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy
- Project management experience
- Photography skills
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline-oriented environment
- A self-starter, independent and proactive, who will show initiative and bring forward new ideas to the team
The Tattoo aims to be a diverse workplace that is representative of the people of Nova Scotia, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented.
If you are a member of one of these groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.