General Production Technician (GPT) Cannabis
ProductionFull TimeBrampton, ON
Northern Green Canada Inc. is a federally licensed, EU GMP-certified producer of cannabis. We are committed to the health and well-being of patients and clients.
Our recent growth has presented the opportunity to expand our production team.
We are currently recruiting for General Production Technicians.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the General Production Technician (GPT) is responsible for the daily assigned duties related to pre and post operations at Northern Green Canada. The GPT’s responsibilities can range between various GPP, GACP, and GMP processes (cloning to packaging). The GPT has no direct reports and will be covered by another operator in the case of absence.
- Follow all SOPs and ensure cultivation activities are following Health Canada and Quality Assurance guidelines;
- Assist in all cultivation (GPP) activities;
- Assist in all post production (GACP/GMP) activities;
- Continuously monitor plants to ensure proper health and productivity at the discretion of the Head Grower;
- Communicate and escalate any deviations within cultivation or post processing to the direct report;
- Assist all Leads in the facility as needed;
- Calibrate, operate, clean and maintain equipment used: Assist in the packaging process when necessary;
- Communicate opportunities for improvement or change in process, technique or methods to the direct report;
- Cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facility (grow or processing rooms, trays, scissors, etc);
- Observe and follow all health and safety practices;
- Other duties as required;
Skills and Experience
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with accuracy in relation to data.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and be capable of running greenhouse software.
- Willing to work weekends/evenings as needed.
- Knowledge working with hydroponics systems is an asset.
This is a contract position paying $18 per hour.