Quality Operations Associate
Quality AssuranceFull TimeBrampton, ON
Imagine a place that empowers the entrepreneurial spirit. A place on the cutting edge of an exciting new industry loaded with opportunity. A place with a vison that is powerful yet simple, ‘to do good’. Northern Green Canada is that place. Founded on a belief in creating a work environment that nurtures creativity and collaboration, we strive to empower our people to create something special. If you are a self-starter, a problem solver, someone seeking a unique challenge to help others, then we may be the right place for you.
The Northern Green Canada Team has built a highly controlled, state-of-the-art hydroponic facility, where our expert grow team cultivates cannabis strains that are industry leading in quality and consistency. Every role at Northern Green Canada contributes directly to the goal of helping patients with access to quality cannabis products.
Northern Green Canada is searching for a new Team Member to join us in the role of Quality Operations Associate. Reporting to the Quality Operations Manager, the Quality Operations Associate is responsible for providing compliance support in day-to-day operations. The incumbent will provide quality support for all operational areas to ensure and maintain a state of full compliance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations, GPP, GACP and GMP as applicable in each operational area.
- Providing day-to-day support to all quality operations and responsibilities;
- Ensuring consistent quality practices throughout the production facility including but not limited to personal gowning and hygiene, cleanness of all areas, incoming inventory, sampling, line clearance, in process checks and other operational quality practices;
- Ensuring all staff are operating in a compliant manner;
- Ensuring facility is in full compliance with applicable regulations and are always audit-ready;
- Promoting an environment that encourages collaboration and compliance;
- Ensuring timely review, follow-up on, closure and approval of various quality documents, such as: master and executed batch records, operational logbooks, SOPs, validation and qualification protocols and reports, work orders, worksheets and maintenance task lists;
- Initiating, reviewing and following up on nonconformances, change controls, deviations and CAPAs to ensure timely processing and closing;
- Coordinating and participating in regular self-inspection;
- Performing data gathering and analysis to support annual product review;
- Continually identifying measures to increase quality and yield;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in quality assurance in a production facility in cannabis, pharmaceuticals, food production or agriculture
- Experience in GMP implementation, certification and/or environment
- Knowledge and experience with extraction processes is an asset
- Post-secondary degree in sciences or a related field is required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment
Northern Green Canada is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to apply for an opportunity, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
While we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies or phone calls at this time please.