Quality System Manager
Quality AssuranceFull TimeBrampton, ON
Imagine a place that empowers the entrepreneurial spirit. A place on the cutting edge of an exciting new industry loaded with opportunity. A place with a vison that is powerful yet simple, ‘to do good’. Northern Green Canada is that place. Founded on a belief in creating a work environment that nurtures creativity and collaboration, we strive to empower our people to create something special. If you are a self-starter, a problem solver, someone seeking a unique challenge to help others, then we may be the right place for you.
The Northern Green Canada Team has built a highly controlled, state-of-the-art hydroponic facility, where our expert grow team cultivates cannabis strains that are industry leading in quality and consistency. Every role at Northern Green Canada contributes directly to the goal of helping patients with access to quality cannabis products.
Northern Green Canada is searching for a new Team Member to join us in the role of Quality System Manager. Reporting to the Head of Quality/Quality Assurance Person (HQ/QAP), the Quality System Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management of Quality Systems to ensure and maintain a state of full compliance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations, GPP, GACP and GMP as applicable. The incumbent is expected to work independently with a level of autonomy and authority for decision making as a delegate to the HQ/QAP as necessary to drive compliance and continuous improvements.
- Providing leadership and management oversight to the functions within Quality Systems: Deviation, CAPA, Change Control, and Document Control;
- Maintain standards of quality and GPP/GMP compliance: mentoring within and outside of the department, staff development, monitoring performance of the quality systems;
- Monitoring and reporting of quality systems metrics to drive performance and identify trends for action and implements Quality Systems in accordance with GPP, GMP and regulatory requirements;
- Providing tools and processes to support the implementation and continuous improvement, and application of consistency of Quality Systems across the sites;
- Ensuring control, compliance, standardization, and overall integrity of each system through procedures;
- Overseeing the issuance of controlled documents, archive, retention, destruction process;
- Troubleshooting quality issues and support on critical investigations
- During inspections providing an overview of the quality systems and associated processes; and addressing observations with follow up correspondence as required;
- Supporting HQ/QAP in the hiring, dismissal, training and development of staff;
- Establishing and maintaining a well-motivated and enthusiastic team with a good working environment;
- Supporting the Operation Quality Manager in ensuring consistent quality practices throughout the production facility;
- Ensuring all staff are trained on regulatory and quality requirements and are operating in a compliant manner;
- Ensuring facility is in full compliance with applicable regulations and are always audit-ready and coordinating with Operations Department to schedule regular internal audits;
- Developing tools for performance monitoring and providing feedback to the departments supported and obtaining agreement on corrective actions as required;
- Promoting an environment that encourages collaboration, compliance, and continuous learning;
- Working closely with HQ/QAP and all other departments to support strategic objectives and champion continuous improvement;
- Providing effective alignment and communication with cross functional groups to successfully deliver on commitments;
- Making assessment decision and authorization for processing/reworking and manufacturing at risk;
- Providing quality leadership and ensuring adequate job training, performance management, and employee development practices are implemented;
- Ensuring timely review, follow-up on, closure and approval of various quality documents, such as: master and executed batch records, operational logbooks, SOPs, validation and qualification protocols and reports, work orders, worksheets and maintenance task lists;
- Ensuring nonconformances, deviations and CAPAs are timely processed and closed;
- Performing data gathering and analysis of non-conformances to support annual product review;
- Ensuring change controls are timely processed and closed with proper impact assessment;
- Supporting HQ/QAP in the creation, development, training and revision process of all departmental SOPs;
- Producing required reports for governing bodies (i.e. Health Canada);
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing quality system in a production facility in cannabis, pharmaceuticals, food production or agriculture
- Experience in EU-GMP implementation, certification and/or environment
- Knowledge and experience with extraction processes
- Post-secondary degree in sciences or a related field is required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Proven leader with the ability to develop an inclusive culture, and proven experience of managing a growing team
- Ability to be a positive role model, mentor and coach
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Professional manager with the ability to interact with the board, investors and media
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment
Northern Green Canada is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to apply for an opportunity, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
While we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies or phone calls at this time please.