ProductionFull TimeBrampton, ON
Imagine a place that empowers the entrepreneurial spirit. A place on the cutting edge of an exciting new industry loaded with opportunity. A place with a vison that is powerful yet simple, ‘to do good’. Northern Green Canada is that place. Founded on a belief in creating a work environment that nurtures creativity and collaboration, we strive to empower our people to create something special. If you are a self-starter, a problem solver, someone seeking a unique challenge to help others, then we may be the right place for you.
The Northern Green Canada Team has built a highly controlled, pesticide-free, state-of-the-art hydroponic facility, where our expert grow team cultivates cannabis strains that are industry leading in quality and consistency. Every role at Northern Green Canada contributes directly to the goal of helping patients with access to quality cannabis products.
Northern Green Canada is searching for a new Team Member to join us in the role of Extraction Manager. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, with a dotted line to an Advisor, the Extraction Manager will be responsible for the management of post-production extraction duties in the Northern Green Canada facility. The Extraction Manager will be responsible for the proper care of the extraction and post-harvest processing rooms including the practices of solvent extraction, refining, formulation, and packaging.
- Continuously monitor extraction process to ensure proper procedure and productivity;
- Schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees responsible for extraction;
- Identify and understand theoretical and applicable variations of various extraction processes and SOPs related maintenance and sustaining a safe and productive process;
- Manage timely and effective extraction processes in in conjunction with QA team to ensure quality and SOPs are adhered to at all times;
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of oil;
- Communicate and escalate any issues with extraction or the production process;
- Manage and perform all extraction and formulation activities;
- Ensure all SOP’s are followed and ensure hygiene and environmental practices are followed and enforced at all times;
- Ensure extraction efficiency and specifications are being met or exceeding company goals;
- Determine opportunities for improvement in extraction productivity, efficiency and quality;
- Maintain the data integrity of batch records and documentationgreenhosoftware;
- Calibrate, operate, clean and maintain equipment used;
- Manage and assist in final packaging process of extracted product;
- Assist with product testing, and analytical work
- Assist with the planning and development of future extraction needs;
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience
- BSc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with accuracy in relation to data.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of cannabis products.
- Hands on laboratory extraction experience.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experience in a management role.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and be capable of managing the necessary software.
- Willing to work weekends/evenings as needed.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is an asset.
- Knowledge working with hydroponics systems, extraction equipment (ethanol, CO2), refining of APIs, understanding phytoterpenophenolic compounds and their metabolites is an asset.
- Preference will be given to those with cannabis extraction experience.
Northern Green Canada is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to apply for an opportunity, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
No agencies or phone calls at this time please.