Quality Operations Manager
OperationsFull TimeBrampton, ON
Imagine a place that empowers the entrepreneurial spirit. A place on the cutting edge of an exciting new industry loaded with opportunity. A place with a vison that is powerful yet simple, ‘to do good’. Northern Green Canada is that place. Founded on a belief in creating a work environment that nurtures creativity and collaboration, we strive to empower our people to create something special. If you are a self-starter, a problem solver, someone seeking a unique challenge to help others, then we may be the right place for you.
The Northern Green Canada Team has built a highly controlled, pesticide-free, state-of-the-art hydroponic facility, where our expert grow team cultivates cannabis strains that are industry leading in quality and consistency. Every role at Northern Green Canada contributes directly to the goal of helping patients with access to quality cannabis products.
Northern Green Canada is searching for a new Team Member to join us in the role of Quality Operations Manager. Reporting to the Head of Quality/Quality Assurance Person (HQ/QAP), the Quality Operations Manager is responsible for managing the quality and yield of production, maintaining a low production cost and providing compliance support in day-to-day operations. The incumbent will provide quality support for all operational areas to ensure and maintain a state of full compliance with the Cannabis Act and Regulations, GPP, GACP and GMP as applicable in each operational area. The incumbent is expected to work independently with a level of autonomy and authority for decision making as a delegate to the HQ/QAP as necessary to drive process improvements and achieve process efficiencies.
- Ensuring consistent quality practices throughout the production facility including but not limited to personal gowning and hygiene, cleanness of all areas, incoming inventory, sampling, line clearance, in process checks and other operational quality practices;
- Ensuring all staff are trained on regulatory and quality requirements and are operating in a compliant manner;
- Ensuring facility is in full compliance with applicable regulations and are always audit- ready and coordinating with Operations Department to schedule regular internal audits;
- Developing tools for performance monitoring and providing feedback to the departments supported and obtaining agreement on corrective actions as required;
- Promoting an environment that encourages collaboration, compliance, and continuous learning;
- Working closely with HQ/QAP and Operation to support strategic objectives and champion continuous improvement;
- Making assessment decision and authorization for processing/reworking and manufacturing at risk;
- Providing quality leadership and ensuring adequate job training, performance management, and employee development practices are implemented;
- Ensuring timely review, follow-up on, closure and approval of various quality documents, such as: master and executed batch records, operational logbooks, SOPs, validation and qualification protocols and reports, work orders, worksheets and maintenance task lists;
- Ensuring nonconformances, deviations and CAPAs are timely processed and closed;
- Performing data gathering and analysis of non-conformances to support annual product review;
- Ensuring change controls are timely processed and closed with proper impact
- Supporting HQ/QAP in the creation, development, training and revision process of all
- Supporting Operations Department in the creation and maintain the overall Master
Production Schedule including the building of excel models and providing insight and
guidance to interim and final solutions;
- Supporting Operations Department to combine demand forecasts and inventory reports to create efficient production growing plans and determine final product manufacturing allocations;
- Supporting Operations Department to identify what will enter production on specific
- Producing required reports for governing bodies (i.e. Health Canada);
- Supporting Operations Department to identify and suggest cost saving measures to
ensure production costs are within an acceptable level;
- Continually identifying measures to increase quality and yield;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing in a production facility in cannabis, pharmaceuticals, food production or agriculture
- Experience in EU-GMP implementation, certification and/or environment
- Knowledge and experience with extraction processes
- Post-secondary degree in sciences or a related field is required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Proven leader with the ability to develop an inclusive culture, and proven experience of managing a growing team
- Ability to be a positive role model, mentor and coach
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact with employees at all levels of
- Professional manager with the ability to interact with the board, investors and media
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growing environment
Northern Green Canada is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to apply for an opportunity, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies at this time please. No phone calls please.