Quality Assurance Person
OperationsFull TimeBrampton, ON
Imagine a place that empowers the entrepreneurial spirit. A place on the cutting edge of an exciting new industry loaded with opportunity. A place with a vison that is powerful yet simple, ‘to do good’. Northern Green Canada is that place. Founded on a belief in creating a work environment that nurtures creativity and collaboration, we strive to empower our people to create something special. If you are a self-starter, a problem solver, someone seeking a unique challenge to help others, then we may be the right place for you.
The Northern Green Canada Team has built a highly controlled, pesticide-free, state-of-the-art hydroponic facility, where our expert grow team cultivates cannabis strains that are industry leading in quality and consistency. Every role at Northern Green Canada contributes directly to the goal of helping patients with access to quality cannabis products.
Northern Green Canada is searching for a new Team Member to join us in the role of Quality Assurance Person. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Quality Assurance Person (QAP) will ensure that the cannabis products produced meet Northern Green Canada’s objectives for quality, purity and security. The QAP must have the capacity to meet both internal and external regulatory requirements including legal compliance and client satisfaction.
The QAP is a member of the management team and will develop, implement and monitor on an ongoing basis the quality assurance and control systems in compliance with the Cannabis Act.
Although comprehensive, these responsibilities are subject to change on an as needs basis, from time to time, in response to the changing landscape of the cannabis industry.
· Oversees both quality control and quality assurance in compliance with Health Canada’s QA guidelines pertaining to business, production, facility, security, storage, packaging, labelling and Good Production Practices for the Cannabis Act.
· Establishing and enforcing GMP, HACCP and Quality Assurance standards, providing technical and regulatory services in growing inputs, packaging and production of medical cannabis.
· Supports continuous quality improvement of medical cannabis through reinforcement of product quality and food safety programs, sanitation program, and oversight of security system.
· Ability to review regulations, documents and reports pertaining to the Cannabis Act, Non-conforming Reports (NCR), Corrective Action Reports (CAR), Food and Drugs Act (FDA), Controlled drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) and Pest Control Products Act (PCPA).
· Ability to develop, update, maintain and approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Quality Manuals.
· Oversee critical/technical review of documents, test results, procedures and production equipment, including equipment qualification and validation.
· Review certificates of analysis and results of laboratory tests for compliance to specification.
· Ensure compliance with regulation through auditing and quality systems.
· Investigate product non-conformances; conduct material reviews for complaints and document findings and responses. Manage product holds, reprocessing actions, and final disposition processes for noncompliant resources.
· Handle recalls and adverse reaction reports.
· Manage procedures and processes pertaining to incidents, complaints, deviations and recalls
· Manage audit and information requests from Health Canada pertaining to Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
· Working experience as a Quality Assurance Manager in a GMP, HACCP, GAP regulated environment with proficiency in documentation and analytical testing.
· Development and approval of SOPs
· Pest control management and pesticide testing
· Quality control relating to storage and shipment of substances
· Good Production Practices as it pertains to facilities (including air filtration), equipment and sanitation
· Compliance management
· Approval of product quality prior to release of sale
· Analytical testing and validation of testing methods
· Residues of solvents, for cannabis oils
· Microbial and chemical contaminants
· Disintegration/dissolution of cannabis capsules
· Cannabinoid content (THC, TCHA, CBD, and CBDA, as applicable)
· Sample collection and retention
· Ability to communicate with all levels of staff clearly
· Bachelor of Science required
· 10+ years in the Pharma Industry is preferred
· 5+ years as a Quality Assurance Manager in a GPP, GMP and HACCP regulated environment
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Proficient understanding of plant products and related testing methodology
· Up to date knowledge and understating of Good Agricultural Practice, Good Manufacturing Practice, HACPP, Food Safety, regulatory and environmental guidelines.
· Chemistry and plant biology knowledge is preferred
· Must be willing to and pass security and background clearance checks and be approved by Health Canada as a suitable candidate for the QAP role.
Northern Green Canada is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation in order to apply for an opportunity, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies at this time please.