MTL Blog Associate Editor
EditorialFull TimeWestmount, QC
Who We Are:
MTL Blog is a digital-only news & travel site that reaches over 3M people monthly. We are a group of passionate and creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best local content for our readers.
We are on a mission to help our readers discover everything that’s new, now, and next in Montreal — because it’s the most interesting place in the world.
What We’re Looking For:
MTL Blog Associate Editor
MTLBlog.com is looking for a motivated and experienced Associate Editor to join our rapidly expanding editorial team. The editor will play a pivotal role in our daily operations and contribute to Montreal and Quebec coverage by writing and editing stories about the region.
We are seeking a storyteller who loves Montreal and believes it’s the most interesting place in the world. They are excited about breaking down new legislation, spotlighting extraordinary local characters, and spreading the word about awesome festivals and events.
The right person should have a strong network of sources and have a knack for finding unique angles. This person should have a record of breaking exclusive stories and be passionate about working with young and enthusiastic writers.
This is a full-time permanent position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
You Will Make An Impact By:
- Researching, writing, assigning, and editing local articles
- Creating timely, daily content for your city on a wide variety of topics from Real Estate to Eat & Drink to News & Politics
- Breaking news, getting exclusive interviews, and taking photos of anything and everything
- Publishing 6-10 stories per day (350 words)
- Creating compelling packaging in the MTL Blog voice
- Ensuring all information is properly cited and factually accurate
- Working with other Editors to make sure we are the best website for millennial content
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-5 years of professional editing or writing experience at a digital publisher and a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- A deep knowledge of what is happening and trending in Montreal
- An obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- The ability to spot catchy, unique angles and executing on them quickly
- A passion for a mix of research, investigative work, enterprise stories, and viral topics
- Some experience managing writers
- Able to maintain high-quality work while meeting ambitious goals
- Excited about a high-octane, dynamic, start-up environment
- Strongly familiar with various style guides, especially AP Style
- Available to work on a flexible schedule Tuesday - Saturday between 11:00 AM and 7:00 PM, with some nights and weekends required depending on the news cycle
- Obsessed with making bucket lists for everything everywhere, and the person who always knows what’s happening before the word is out
And Here's More About Us:
MTLBlog.com is owned and operated by Narcity Media, a digital-only media publisher founded in 2015 and headquartered in Toronto, Canada with offices all over North America.