Intermediate / Senior Network Engineer
Professional ServicesFull TimeAll Locations
Successful applicants must possess expert problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and with teams to meet aggressive project timelines. It is also essential for our consultants to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical personnel, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals who share our core values and our commitment to Integrity, innovation, client needs, and ongoing professional development.
Next Dimension Network Engineers must be comfortable working with mid-sized and large organizations on IT infrastructure projects; in particular, network assessment, security assessment, design, and implementations utilizing Cisco and other network vendor technologies. Our Engineers are expected to provide expert technical assistance and they are often responsible for client user training and feedback. There is a requirement for some after-hours work and on-call support rotation; in which the time worked over 40 hours in a work week will be banked as “time in lieu”.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• 7+ Years working on Cisco networking hardware, including the following: Routers, Switches, ASA’s, WAP, and Content Filtering Solutions
• Experience with dynamic routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF & BGP)
• Experience configuring AnyConnect with authentication handled by RADIUS/LDAP or complete DAP solutions
• Experience configuring IPSec, GRE, DMVPN, and other VPN technologies
• Experience configuring H-QoS
• Experience with MPLS/VPLS networks and label-switching – either as provider or customer
• Ability to explain MPLS P Router, PE router and CE router functions within a network
• Ability to explain the difference between Policing and Shaping, and use cases for each
• Fluent in IOS and IOS XE platform commands
• Demonstrated experience with tier 2/3 support for large multi-site corporate networks
• Configuring SNMP monitoring, Netflow and Syslog to support and monitor a network
• Excellent knowledge of OSI Reference Model,TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6) and common RFCs
Preferred Technical qualifications include (i.e. one or more of these requirements would be preferred):
• 2+ Years working on Cisco VOIP solutions, preferably CCME/UCME, Call-Manager & SRST
• Previous carrier or service provider experience will be considered a huge asset in this position
• Previous experience with Juniper, Brocade, Procurve or other hardware vendors in addition to Cisco
• Knowledge of AC and DC power systems
• Knowledge of MEF and can explain EVPL/EPL
• Knowledge of data centre design and airflow principles
• Knowledge and experience with structured cable systems
• Knowledge and experience with optical networking (SMF, MMF, CWDM & DWDM – i.e. Cisco 15454 or other ONS platform)
• Skilled with Visio, and other Microsoft Office applications
• Understanding of VMware and networking in a virtualized environment
• Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
• Ability to configure Microsoft DHCP, DNS, and NPS services
Education and Certification
• Related Technical Diploma/Degree is encouraged
• Current and verifiable Cisco CCNP/CCIE Security credentials are expected in this position, candidates that don’t have a CCNP Security would be expected to achieve the certification within 90 days.
Next Dimension is a CIO Strategist firm; we provide managed IT services that align the server room and the boardroom by providing a framework to fill gaps in reliability, security, and resourcing.
To successfully achieve this, Next Dimension cultivates a workplace culture around the Employee Experience in which we seek to optimize the moments that matter for each and every employee.