Service Desk Technician, Tier 1 - Windsor
Managed ServicesFull TimeWindsor, ON
Successful applicants must possess expert problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and with teams to meet aggressive project timelines. It is also essential for our technicians to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of technical personnel, executives, managers, and subject matter experts. We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals who share our core values and our commitment to Integrity, innovation, client needs, and ongoing professional development.
The Next Dimension Service Desk Technician maintains user up-time and improving their computing experiences through effective remote monitoring, maintenance and problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and delivering exceptional customer service.
Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, follow-up, effective utilization of provided resources and unbeatable customer service. There is a requirement for some after-hours work and an on-call schedule.
• Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
• Identify user problems and work within a structured problem management and resolution process to remediate them within established response and resolution times.
• Collaborate and work with other staff and vendor support resources to resolve issues.
• Follow-up and update customer status, information and documentation.
• Utilize our remote monitoring and management and automation solutions along with other service-specific tools and technologies to deliver remote user support services.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience with Microsoft Operating systems and Office Suite
• Excellent knowledge of software and technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with users and vendors
• Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
• Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed-orientated, dependable and flexible
• Experience in troubleshooting software and hardware including servers and networks
• Familiarity with enterprise server and storage infrastructure
• Supporting infrastructure over LAN/WAN/MAN networks
• Demonstrated excellent client communication skills
Education and Certification
• Related Technical Diploma/Degree is encouraged
• Microsoft MCSE or other relevant vendor certifications
Next Dimension is a CIO Strategist firm; we provide managed IT services that align the server room and the boardroom by providing a framework to fill gaps in reliability, security, and resourcing.
To successfully achieve this, Next Dimension cultivates a workplace culture around the Employee Experience in which we seek to optimize the moments that matter for each and every employee.
We thank and appreciate all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.