Staff Writer, USA
EditorialFull TimeUSA, Remote
Who We Are:
Narcity.com is a digital-only news & travel site that reaches over 23M people monthly. We are a group of passionate and creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best local content for our readers.
We are on a mission to help our readers discover everything that’s new, now, and next where they live — because it’s the most interesting place in the world.
What We’re Looking For:
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and experienced Staff Writer to join our rapidly expanding editorial team. The Editor will play a pivotal role in our daily operations and will grow our USA audience by writing stories about major cities in the country.
We are seeking a storyteller who is as excited about the latest trends and conversations as well as awesome underground festivals and things to do.
The right person should have a strong network of sources and have a knack for finding unique angles. This person should have a record of breaking exclusive stories and be passionate about working in a fast-paced environment.
You Will Make An Impact By:
- Researching, writing, assigning, and editing exclusive and original stories for Narcity’s platforms
- Creating timely, daily content on a wide variety of topics from Real Estate to Eat & Drink to News & Politics
- Breaking news, getting exclusive interviews, and taking photos of anything and everything
- Meeting daily, weekly and monthly traffic goals
- Owning your content strategy, staying on top of current events, and building a network of sources
- Creating compelling packaging in the Narcity voice
- Participating in ideation of content for all Narcity content (articles, videos, social, audio, etc)
- Ensuring all information is properly cited and factually accurate
- Working with other Editors to make sure we are the best website for millennial content
- Staying on top of the latest trends and being first, with an emphasis on SEO, keywords and social sharing
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1-3 years of professional editing or writing experience at a digital publisher
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- A deep knowledge of what is happening and trending in the USA
- An obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- The ability to spot catchy, unique angles and executing on them quickly
- A passion for a mix of research, investigative work, enterprise stories, and viral topics
- Able to maintain high-quality work while meeting ambitious goals
- Excited about a high-octane, dynamic, start-up environment
- Familiar with various style guides, especially AP Style
- Available to work on a flexible schedule Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM EST, with some nights and weekends required depending on the news cycle
- Obsessed with making bucket lists for everything everywhere, and the person who always knows what’s happening before the word is out
This is a permanent position. The position is based anywhere in the United States because we are a flexible first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a flexible first office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that you live in the most interesting place in the world. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do everyday? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!