Sponsored Content Writer, Narcity.com (English) - Freelance
Job Description | Sponsored Content Writer (English)
Who We Are:
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates NARCITY.COM + MTLBLOG.COM. We reach over 16M millennials monthly on our websites, while our social channels engage over 1M millennials daily.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
What We’re Looking For:
Sponsored Content Writer (English)
Narcity.com is currently looking for an extremely motivated, skilled and passionate storyteller to join our rapidly expanding Creative Solutions department.
Writers for Narcity’s Creative Solutions department are experts in the digital marketing landscape who understand how to create compelling, native content for a wide variety of clients under Narcity Media. They are adaptable, passionate, and understand how to turn brand’s key messages into a story.
This is a freelance, work from home position which would entail working collaboratively with the Narcity Media Sponsored Content Head Editor to create highly valuable pieces of content.
What We Stand For:
Before anything else, values come first. Without clear, shared values, we wander independently and contradict one another.
Everything's harder when we all believe different things about what's important to us, our Company and our Audience.
- To produce the highest quality content
- To have fun & stay positive
- To remain authentic
- To always put our audience first
- To embrace technology
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Creating concise, fun and engaging copy for a wide variety of brands under Narcity Media’s various platforms
- Closely following client-provided guidelines
- Formatting articles in conjunction with Narcity's style guide
- Delivering a minimum number of guaranteed articles per week, to be discussed
Our Ideal Candidate
- At least six months of freelance or professional writing experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Excellent written English, including spelling and grammar
- Bilingualism (French + English) preferred but not essential
- Good judgment, ability to work without supervision, and skilled at multitasking
- Able to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Strongly familiar with various style guides, especially AP Style
- Available to take on projects Monday - Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM
More About Us
The name Narcity, comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. We believe the cities of today don’t get the attention they deserve and we strive to correct that through meaningful local news and travel stories. Show us that city pride! If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!