Video Producer/Editor, Studio
Media Sales: StudioFull TimeCanada, Remote, ON
Who We Are
At Narcity, we’re building the future of local media, and we want you to be a part of our Global Neighbourhood. Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com. Our staff and network of world-class creators interact with millions of Millennials and Gen Zs monthly through our websites, social channels, mobile apps, syndication partners and email subscriptions.
Our audience is interested in the global, the national, the local and the hyper-local — simultaneously. That is why our teams of writers, editors and content creators across our four publications keep our audience informed on all topics, from breaking news to trending content from across the internet, as well as the best travel spots to add to your bucket list and local restaurants to eat at. Readers can come to Narcity to find out where to go for dinner and discover the biggest stories of the day to talk about over their meal.
Narcity Media’s rapidly expanding Editorial team is made up of energetic multi-platform content creators who know how to engage with Gen Z and Millennial readers, helping them discover the undiscovered by highlighting the most interesting news, places, people and ideas in their cities and beyond.
Producer/Editor to join our expanding branded content & production team. You will play a pivotal role by leading and overseeing the production and execution of all branded video campaigns (large and small) across Narcity Media’s properties and extended social platforms. As our Video Producer/Editor, you will need the vision to bring productions together and the capabilities to implement that vision on a timeline (whether it is with a team or independently). You will also own and drive the expansion of the Studio’s branded and sponsored video initiatives across all platforms.
The right person should be a storyteller proficient in creative development, with a keen eye for content strategy, and technically savvy about production and post-production processes. Lastly, they should be driven, organized and excited about collaborating with like-minded creatives as part of an evolving team.
- Manage, produce and oversee multiple small to large-scale video productions, from presale to final cut, for all brand partnership video campaigns across Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com.
- Conceptualize, script, write and produce compelling video concepts.
- Collaborate and support Narcity’s pre-sale process with video-based creative strategy, budget and execution on RFP pitches.
- Hire and manage crews sized 2-10+ of directors, editors, camera opp, DPs, PMs, etc.
- Create video project timelines and budgets to be assigned to every project.
- Ensure video productions stay on time, on track and on budget while respecting agreed artistic & technical standards.
- Write copy for video headlines and descriptions as required.
- Edit, mix and package videos for distribution, when required,
- Develop Narcity’s internal post-production capabilities, and mentor a post-production team.
- Build and enforce Narcity Media’s: video values, branded video best practices, quality standards, production protocol and best practices across all verticals and formats.
- In collaboration with the Studio’s leadership group, develop new innovative video products/formats/series for branded content and/or advertising opportunities.
- Identify opportunities and lead creative ideation for outbound sales pitches.
- Identify opportunities to expand on emerging platforms.
- Employ analytics and platform insights to monitor engagement and tailor strategy to each platform and network Narcity brands operate on.
- Represent Narcity Media and serve as a brand ambassador on and offline
- Create, meet and exceed quarterly KPIs and revenue goals set by the Head of Studio
- Assist with other related duties as assigned by the Head of Studio
- 5+ years of experience in the video, film or television production industries.
- Proficiency (4+ years) in Adobe’s Premiere with a basic understanding of Adobe’s After
Effects - you should be able to take a project into the cutting room and export a
packaged video without qualms.
- Technical knowledge of production equipment needed in large and small-scale productions, including nuances of native codecs and their impact on workflow.
- The desire to pick up a DSLR in a pinch is a solid bonus.
- Must have a solid grasp of Post-Production workflows and the ability to adapt to
industry-specific technological change.
- Solid understanding of the Narcity brand and audience, including Gen Z and Millennials
- Must have an understanding of the Branded Content space.
- Ability to plan, organize, and administer a complex production with multiple people.
- Excellent Line Production skills, from budgeting and accounting, to Movie Magic formats.
- Excellent communication skills: the candidate must represent Narcity with all external
clients, internal teams, and vendors (production heads, producers, directors,
camera opp, editors, PMs, PAs, and any and all below-the-line crew).
- Possessing working relationships with equipment suppliers and crew is a must. Being
able to call on the services of people whose abilities you trust is fundamental.
- Creative thinker and excellent writing skills
- Ability to work in a team, and be self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks and assignments in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency using social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and
- The ability to communicate in both French and English will be prioritized.
- Creative/innovative: Able to generate new and innovative approaches to your work every single day.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Position Type & Salary Range:
This is a permanent remote position open to candidates based anywhere in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We are committed to offering our employees the best employee experience through the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule and time off policy
- 1 extra week - Company-wide end of the year paid time off
- Permanent remote work policy and 1x $500 for office upgrades
- Annual wellness fund
- On-demand mental and physical well-being platform with over 250 live classes per week
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extended health care
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Bi-annual market-based salary adjustments
Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment
Narcity Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage our people to grow and thrive by being their true selves. We are committed to removing systemic barriers in the workplace and building a company that reflects the community that we serve at every level. We are devoted to building a company that is part of the solution and not the problem.
The same goes for our applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Narcity Media regardless of age, national origin, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital status.
If you need any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment or onboarding process, please contact us at email@example.com
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply now — we can’t wait to talk with you!
*Some roles may require completing skills and knowledge assessments after the screening interview. P.S. We really, really love PDF CVs. it allows candidates to truly showcase their talents in the format they have chosen to display them. Follow this link to learn how to convert your resume into a PDF.