Branded Content Writer
Media Sales: StudioFull TimeCanada, Remote, ON
Who We Are:
At Narcity, we’re building the future of local media, and we want you to be a part of our Global Neighbourhood. Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com. Our staff and network of world-class creators interact with millions of Millennials and Gen Zs monthly through our websites, social channels, mobile apps, syndication partners and email subscriptions.
Our audience is interested in the global, the national, the local and the hyper-local — simultaneously. That is why our teams of writers, editors and content creators across our four publications keep our audience informed on all topics, from breaking news to trending content from across the internet, as well as the best travel spots to add to your bucket list and local restaurants to eat at. Readers can come to Narcity to find out where to go for dinner and discover the biggest stories of the day to talk about over their meal.
The Studio department is the content studio that produces all the branded content across all Narcity Media platforms. We are a group of multi-platform content creators who are committed to delivering best in class ideas that deliver on our brand partners' objectives while applying the influence of the Narcity tone & voice.
When clients advertise with Narcity Media, they leverage our content studio's expertise to connect with Narcity's audiences through original storytelling as well as informative, entertaining, and engaging content that builds brand awareness and affinity.
Narcity Media is looking for a Branded Content Writer to join our studio team! The Branded Content Writer will Report to the Deputy Editor, Studio and Editor, Studio. They will play a pivotal role by creating and publishing engaging and strategic written branded content across all English Narcity Media platforms.
The ideal candidate is dedicated and creative, with a strong understanding of branded storytelling and native content. The Writer’s focus will be to create engaging branded content articles for our Narcity audiences while respecting our client’s mandates. Additionally, the role will be responsible for prepping and publishing said articles, lending support for brainstorms, and implementing client edits. We are seeking someone with experience in the world of written content creation (with an emphasis on branded content), the ability to work independently, and knowledge of current best practices and industry standards in the world of branded content.
- Research and create compelling, engaging, high-quality content and packaging in the Narcity voice for a wide variety of brands under Narcity’s various English platforms
- Utilize SEO best practices to increase organic reach
- Deliver a minimum number of articles per week and/or month, as required
- Ensure all information is properly cited and factually accurate
- Maintain high-quality work while meeting ambitious goals (sometimes next-day turnaround)
- Implement client-requested edits in multiple revision rounds
- Participate in and lend support for brainstorms, as needed by the Editor
- Lend support in miscellaneous tasks, as requested
- Prepare sponsored content articles for publication and publish articles
- Meeting KPI objectives for sponsored written content
- 2-5 years of experience working in a written content creation role for a branded content publisher or similar
- Able to organize and juggle different platforms and priorities
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to constantly changing interests digital landscape
- An obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- Excellent English communication skills
- Bilingualism (preferred but not required) in English and French
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Some experience with using data and insights to drive results
- Patience and strong problem-solving capabilities, not afraid of constant change
- Passionate about content creation and storytelling
- Availability to work a flexible full-time schedule of Monday to Friday 9 AM - 5 PM EST including occasional evening and weekend work as required
Creative/ innovative: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
Attentive to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Proactivite/Autonomous: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
Organized: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Teamplayer: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Position Type & Salary Range:
This is a permanent position open to candidates based in Canada. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We are committed to offering our employees the best employee experience through the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule and time off policy
- 1 extra week - Company-wide end of the year paid time off
- Permanent remote work policy and 1x $500 for office upgrades
- Annual wellness fund
- On-demand mental and physical well-being platform with over 250 live classes per week
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extended health care
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Bi-annual market-based salary adjustments
Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment:
Narcity Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage our people to grow and thrive by being their true selves. We are committed to removing systemic barriers in the workplace and building a company that reflects the community that we serve at every level. We are devoted to building a company that is part of the solution and not the problem.
The same goes for our applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Narcity Media regardless of age, national origin, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital status.
If you need any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment or onboarding process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply now — we can’t wait to talk with you!
*Some roles may require completing skills and knowledge assessments after the screening interview. P.S. We really, really love PDF CVs. it allows candidates to truly showcase their talents in the format they have chosen to display them. Follow this link to learn how to convert your resume into a PDF.