Senior Social Editor, Studio (Branded Content)
Media Sales: StudioFull TimeQuebec
Who We Are:
At Narcity, we’re building the future of local media, and we want you to be a part of our Global Neighbourhood. Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com. Our staff and network of world-class creators interact with millions of Millennials and Gen Zs monthly through our websites, social channels, mobile apps, syndication partners and email subscriptions.
Our audience is interested in the global, the national, the local and the hyper-local — simultaneously. That is why our teams of writers, editors and content creators across our four publications keep our audience informed on all topics, from breaking news to trending content from across the internet, as well as the best travel spots to add to your bucket list and local restaurants to eat at. Readers can come to Narcity to find out where to go for dinner and discover the biggest stories of the day to talk about over their meal.
The Studio department is the content studio that produces all the branded content across all Narcity Media platforms. We are a group of multi-platform content creators who are committed to delivering best in class ideas that deliver on our brand partners' objectives while applying the influence of the Narcity tone & voice.
When clients advertise with Narcity Media, they leverage our content studio's expertise to connect with Narcity's audiences through original storytelling as well as informative, entertaining, and engaging content that builds brand awareness and affinity.
Narcity Media is looking for a Senior Social Media Editor to join our branded content studio team! The Senior Social Media Editor will Report to the Head of Studio and play a pivotal role in building and growing our social media tactics and strategies for branded content across all Narcity Media platforms.
The ideal candidate is a passionate team leader and a strong visual storyteller who LOVES creating captivating content on social media platforms. The senior Social media editors' focus will be dual purposed: 1. they will be in charge of all things distribution (social media channels, platforms, website, community management) 2. producing and creating original content for branded campaigns & brand partnerships across all of Narcity's owned and operated social channels. Additionally, the role will be responsible for all sponsored social-related goals. The right person has experience in digital/editorial publishing content distribution, the ability to work independently and knowledge of the best practices for the various social media platform.
- Build out platform recommendations and strategies for each campaign and program launch
- Manage and lead a team across various projects, clients, and platforms, ensuring everyone is working efficiently and effectively
- Build best practices + guidelines for Narcity branded content on social
- Follow and respect platform best practices & industry standards for branded content on social - continuously audit those best practices to make new recommendations as necessary
- Analyze data & analytics to continue improving and optimizing branded content performance on social (imagery, caption, packaging, etc)
- Ensure all deliverables are met and tracked by team
- Meet with clients to discuss social strategy, production and performance
- Support the Ad Ops team to maximize paid distribution across social media platforms
- Scheduling, posting and monitoring all sponsored content on social media, as needed
- Write engaging social media copy, as needed
- Use data and platform insights to develop custom social content, distribution strategies and to ensure positive engagement from user + maximize brand visibility and reach
- Meeting OKR objectives for sponsored social content
- Participate in RFPs, project ideation and campaign brainstorms
- 2-5 years of experience working in a social role for a digital news publisher or similar position
- Professional experience leading a team or in a management role
- Experience working with branded content
- An obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- Billingual with fluent written and verbal English communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate orally in french
- Super organized with the ability to juggle many platforms and priorities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape, especially emerging social tools and platforms
- Familiarity with social scheduling and reporting tool (ex.Facebook creator Studio, Hubspot, Later and etc.)
- Strong experience with using data and insights to drive results
- Deep understanding of the digital ecosystem and trends around social media, best practices, opportunities, and challenges
- Patience and strong problem-solving capabilities, not afraid of constant change
- An expert on all things social media and content distribution across all the different social channels (from FB, IG, Twitter, Pinterest, Tik Tok, etc...)
- Passionate about social media content creation and visual storytelling, and you LOVE it
- Availability to work a flexible full-time schedule of Monday to Friday 9 AM - 5 PM EST including occasional evening and weekend work as required
Creative/ innovative: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
Attentive to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
Proactivite/Autonomous: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
Organized: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
Teamplayer: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
Position Type & Salary Range:
This is a permanent position open to candidates based in the province of Quebec. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We are committed to offering our employees the best employee experience through the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule and time off policy
- 1 extra week - Company-wide end of the year paid time off
- Permanent remote work policy and 1x $500 for office upgrades
- Annual wellness fund
- On-demand mental and physical well-being platform with over 250 live classes per week
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extended health care
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Bi-annual market-based salary adjustments
Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment:
Narcity Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage our people to grow and thrive by being their true selves. We are committed to removing systemic barriers in the workplace and building a company that reflects the community that we serve at every level. We are devoted to building a company that is part of the solution and not the problem.
The same goes for our applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Narcity Media regardless of age, national origin, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital status.
If you need any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment or onboarding process, please contact us at email@example.com
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply now — we can’t wait to talk with you!
*Some roles may require completing skills and knowledge assessments after the screening interview. P.S. We really, really love PDF CVs. it allows candidates to truly showcase their talents in the format they have chosen to display them. Follow this link to learn how to convert your resume into a PDF.