Junior Front-End Developer
Support: ProductFull TimeCanada, Remote, ON
Who We Are:
At Narcity, we’re building the future of local media, and we want you to be a part of our Global Neighbourhood. Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com. Our staff and network of world-class creators interact with millions of Millennials and Gen Zs monthly through our websites, social channels, mobile apps, syndication partners and email subscriptions.
Our audience is interested in the global, the national, the local and the hyper-local — simultaneously. That is why our teams of writers, editors and content creators across our four publications keep our audience informed on all topics, from breaking news to trending content from across the internet, as well as the best travel spots to add to your bucket list and local restaurants to eat at. Readers can come to Narcity to find out where to go for dinner and discover the biggest stories of the day to talk about over their meal.
The Product team is responsible for product strategy, development and growth relating to user acquisition at Narcity Media. We aim to provide the company with the best support needed to meet its overarching goal of being the best local news outlet for an ever-growing readership base. The team is composed of passionate individuals who love to embrace design & technology. Our goal is to provide the best possible experience for our users and continuously grow that user base.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and attentive Junior Front-End Developer to join our Product team. The Junior Front-end Developer will play a pivotal role in our daily operations by owning maintenance and changes of our front-end templates and experiences. Additionally, they will be supporting the overall coding needs of the team. They should be excited about working within the digital media industry and updating front-end applications used by millions of people weekly.
- Supporting the product team by doing maintenance and adjustments for landing pages, email templates, CSS layouts, and any other templating work on systems such as MailChimp, RebelMouse, HubSpot, and others
- Own connections between APIs using tools such as Zapier, Make.com, Integromat and others to make sure everything works as expected
- Own most tracking and console errors across our sites to make sure data is being captured in our analytics tools and CDP
- Professional experience in front-end development
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent through at least six months of continuous development experience
- Strong expertise in HTML and CSS
- Strong understanding of quality assurance and how to identify and debug web issues
- Available to work a full time flexible schedule from Monday-Friday between 9-5 EST
- Detail Oriented: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Quick Learner: Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Independent/Autonomous: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Attentive: Lets others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
Position Type & Salary Range:
This is a permanent remote position open to candidates based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible first company! Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We are committed to offering our employees the best employee experience through the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule and time off policy
- 1 extra week - Company-wide end of the year paid time off
- Permanent remote work policy and 1x $500 for office upgrades
- Annual wellness fund
- On-demand mental and physical well-being platform with over 250 live classes per week
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extended health care
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Bi-annual market-based salary adjustments
Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment:
Narcity Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage our people to grow and thrive by being their true selves. We are committed to removing systemic barriers in the workplace and building a company that reflects the community that we serve at every level. We are devoted to building a company that is part of the solution and not the problem.
The same goes for our applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Narcity Media regardless of age, national origin, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital status.If you need any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment or onboarding process, please contact us at email@example.com
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply now — we can’t wait to talk with you!
*Some roles may require completing skills and knowledge assessments after the screening interview. P.S. We really, really love PDF CVs. it allows candidates to truly showcase their talents in the format they have chosen to display them. Follow this link to learn how to convert your resume into a PDF.