Host & Video Producer, Technality
Content: Global BrandsFull TimeCanada, Remote, ON
Who We Are:
At Narcity, we’re building the future of local media, and we want you to be a part of our Global Neighbourhood. Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com. Our staff and network of world-class creators interact with millions of Millennials and Gen Zs monthly through our websites, social channels, mobile apps, syndication partners and email subscriptions.
Our audience is interested in the global, the national, the local and the hyper-local — simultaneously. That is why our teams of writers, editors and content creators across our four publications keep our audience informed on all topics, from breaking news to trending content from across the internet, as well as the best travel spots to add to your bucket list and local restaurants to eat at. Readers can come to Narcity to find out where to go for dinner and discover the biggest stories of the day to talk about over their meal.
Simply put, Narcity Media’s growing Video Department is on a mission to revolutionize local news. Whether it’s live reporting on our various platforms, filming engaging and informative 1-minute video reports, or conducting must-watch interviews in the field, the video reporter is at the heart of the action. Narcity Media is actively building on its vision for the future of local news using vertical video. If you are an ambitious, high-energy journalist with a passion for storytelling and a love for your city, join the revolution!
Narcity.com is looking for an independent Host & Producer, Technality to join our Global Brands team. The Host & Producer, Technality will play a pivotal role in our daily operations by researching, writing, editing and hosting for Technality, its newest brand launched in January 2022. Technality is a video-first brand focused on all things future, tech & humanity. The brand explores how new technologies shape our lives and asks pointed questions about the future. From producing and hosting videos to being the voice of our new podcast, this is a dream role for a tech-focused content creator.
The Host & Producer, Technality should be excited about video and audio, long-form and short-form, and producing content for all platforms. The right person should be a self-starter with a background in journalism. This candidate should have an interest and understanding of this fast-evolving content space and the ability to write, research and edit content quickly to bring an idea to life on their own. Most importantly, the Host & Producer will need experience in both podcast and video production.
- Hosting, producing, and editing engaging content with a focus on new technology, both for audio and video.
- Researching and brainstorming with Technality production team and hosts on a day-to-day basis.
- Producing finished video in adherence with the Narcity Media’s quality, editorial, and ethical standards in a timely manner.
- Drafting scripts quickly and efficiently for video and podcast production while meeting the Narcity Style Guide
- Leading and/or facilitating content brainstorm sessions.
- Pitching and approving creative suggestions (pitches) for video content with associate producers, reporters and other hosts.
- Coordinating and assigning video content.
- Continually improving overall video content and broadening video hosts skills.
- Working in a team with the video director to create a video content strategy to maximize the results in all markets.
- Meeting KPI expectations for video views, and total videos published on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining a positive attitude as the company evolves and expands its mission.
- Representing Narcity Media’s values online and offline during term of employment.
- Experience working on camera
- A degree and/or background in Journalism is a strong asset but not required
- An established social media presence
- Experience Editing Video & Audio content
- Experience in News Writing
- Experience conducting Interviews
- Must love all things tech and be ready to research and pitch ideas
- Creative/innovative: Able to generate new and innovative approaches to your work every single day.
- Communicative: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard in all forms of communication (Written & Oral)
- Open to criticism and ideas: Often solicit feedback and react calmly to criticism or negative feedback
- Strategic thinker/a visionary: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determine opportunities through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
Position Type & Salary Range:
This is a permanent remote position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We are committed to offering our employees the best employee experience through the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule and time off policy
- 1 extra week - Company-wide end of the year paid time off
- Permanent remote work policy and 1x $500 for office upgrades
- Annual wellness fund
- On-demand mental and physical well-being platform with over 250 live classes per week
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extended health care
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Bi-annual market-based salary adjustments
Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment:
Narcity Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage our people to grow and thrive by being their true selves. We are committed to removing systemic barriers in the workplace and building a company that reflects the community that we serve at every level. We are devoted to building a company that is part of the solution and not the problem.
The same goes for our applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Narcity Media regardless of age, national origin, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital status.If you need any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment or onboarding process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply now — we can’t wait to talk with you!
*Some roles may require completing skills and knowledge assessments after the screening interview. P.S. We really, really love PDF CVs. it allows candidates to truly showcase their talents in the format they have chosen to display them. Follow this link to learn how to convert your resume into a PDF.