Client Support Specialist
Media Sales: NCMFull TimeCanada, Remote, ON
Who We Are
At Narcity, we’re building the future of local media, and we want you to be a part of our Global Neighbourhood. Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and MTLBlog.com. Our staff and network of world-class creators interact with millions of Millennials and Gen Zs monthly through our websites, social channels, mobile apps, syndication partners and email subscriptions.
Our audience is interested in the global, the national, the local and the hyper-local — simultaneously. That is why our teams of writers, editors and content creators across our four editions keep our audience informed on all topics, from breaking news to trending content from across the internet, as well as the best travel spots to add to your bucket list and local restaurants to eat at. Readers can come to Narcity to find out where to go for dinner and discover the biggest stories of the day to talk about over their meal.
Narcity Media’s NCM team strives to deliver best-in-class client solutions support. We take pride in collaborating with our clients, to create a custom campaign that meets their expectations, and to drive customer retention. If you are passionate about branded content programs and thrive in a client-facing role, we want to hear from you!
Narcity Media is looking to hire a Client Support Specialist to join our NCM team. The Client Support Specialist will be reporting to the Junior Product Manager, NCM and should have a passion for sponsored content initiatives and increasing customer retention and engagement to grow the product.
The right person should be a go-getter, a self-starter, and a superb communicator. They should strive to deliver best-in-class client support to clients of the self-serve platform. They will be responsible for building relationships with clients and maintaining client satisfaction, optimizing campaigns, and building campaign strategies (when needed) to indirectly impact the platform’s revenue growth.
- Support and optimize campaigns on Narcity Campaign Manager.
- Monitor campaign performance on both the platform and Google Ad Manager
- Provide clear communication and outstanding client sales and solutions support.
- Aid the sale process by booking product demos when needed
- Be a self-starter who can successfully guide clients throughout the campaign process when needed.
- Be responsible for support requests through the platform (e.g. live chat, tickets, etc.)
- Pay attention to detail and communicate effectively to ensure they have everything they need to work towards their campaign deadlines.
- Drive customer retention and find solutions to get customer feedback.
- Increase completion on customer surveys, gather customer insights, and report to the Junior Product Manager
- Support the marketing and advertising of the self-serve ad platform.
- Assist the Junior Product Manager to drive further success.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Experience working in the media industry or Digital Marketing agency.
- Experience with Google Suite and social media platforms.
- The ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A digital platform or social media certification is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written English. Bilingual French is preferred.
- Familiarity with CRM (e.g. Hubspot) is an asset.
- Experience with Google Ad Manager is an asset.
- Organized: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- A Team Player: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Attentive: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Flexible/ Adaptable: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Position Type & Salary Range:
This is a permanent remote position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
$45,000 - $55,000
We are committed to offering our employees the best employee experience through the following benefits:
- Flexible schedule and time off policy
- 1 extra week - Company-wide end of the year paid time off
- Permanent remote work policy and 1x $500 for office upgrades
- Annual wellness fund
- On-demand mental and physical well-being platform with over 250 live classes per week
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Extensive insurance plan
- Extended health care
- Dependent life insurance
- Accidental death insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Bi-annual market-based salary adjustments
- Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment
Equal Access and Opportunity Commitment:
Narcity Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage our people to grow and thrive by being their true selves. We are committed to removing systemic barriers in the workplace and building a company that reflects the community that we serve at every level. We are devoted to building a company that is part of the solution and not the problem.
The same goes for our applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Narcity Media regardless of age, national origin, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, socioeconomic status, or marital status. If you need any accommodations at any stage of the recruitment or onboarding process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply now — we can’t wait to talk with you!
*Some roles may require completing skills and knowledge assessments after the screening interview. P.S. We really, really love PDF CVs. it allows candidates to truly showcase their talents in the format they have chosen to display them. Follow this link to learn how to convert your resume into a PDF.