Business Insights Manager
Media Sales: StrategyFull TimeCanada, Remote, ON
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and experienced Business Insights Manager to join our rapidly expanding Media Sales team.The Business Insights Manager will report directly to the Director of Media sales and will play a pivotal role in our daily operations by building data tracking processes and strategies to solidify Narcity Media’s position as a premium publisher!
We are seeking an excellent communicator, who both loves data analytics and is able to simplify it. They are excited to identify sales opportunities backed by research as well as collaborating with the Client Services and Studio departments to guide our clients content.
The right person should be a strategic thinker who is capable of working autonomously. This person should have a record of collecting and analyzing raw data with the purpose of creating effective strategic action plans. As well as, being passionate about working alongside like-minded creatives on an enthusiastic team.
- Building a data and insights team to execute your strategy
- Build a data-backed system to thoroughly understand our campaign performance
- Building a data and insights strategy to back our proposals
- Identify sales opportunities through industry research
- Managing relationships with researchers, brand partners, and more
- Supporting the Studio department with data-backed information to guide our client’s content
- Collaborating with Client Services team to provide reporting using business insights
- 5 years of experience working in business analytics or sales analytics within a similar industry
- Experience developing a data strategies and managing a team
- An understanding of Media-related metrics
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Familiar with business intelligence systems and publisher data platforms such as Google analytics and ComScore
- Availability to work a full time flexible schedule Monday through Friday
- Persuasive: Able to convince others, through data, to pursue a course of action.
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Analytical: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- A Strategic thinking/visionary: able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Able to determines opportunities through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Communicative: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail.
This is a permanent position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, extensive benefit package and a competitive salary.
$85 000 - $100 000
More About Us
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!