Who We Are:
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity.com is looking for a motivated and meticulous Editorial Assistant to join our rapidly expanding Editorial team. The editorial assistant will play a pivotal role in our daily operations and national and international coverage by ensuring that archive evergreen content is up-to-date, accurate and fact-checked.
We are seeking a fresh journalism grad who's looking to find a place for themselves within the digital media industry. Their position will be research-based, but the role will involve a creative flair, solid writing skills, and the ability to master Narcity’s conversational tone.
The right person should be excited about the opportunity to gain research, fact-checking, and writing skills with a major digital media publication as part of a growing team.
Strengthen the Content Division’s OKRs and Objectives
- Updating archive articles in a timely manner to ensure they are up-to-date and written in Narcity’s current style
- Creating compelling packaging in the Narcity voice while keeping SEO in mind
- Researching & sourcing photos and multimedia that will make Narcity’s stories pop and fit with its current aesthetic
- Correcting grammar, including spelling, syntax and styling of text where needed
- Ensuring all information is properly cited and factually accurate
- Maintain high-quality work while meeting ambitious goals
- Passion for journalism or professional writing and editing
- Education in journalism, communications, or a related field
- French is not required but is an asset
- Deep knowledge of anything and everything Narcity
- An obsession with tight deadlines and team brainstorming
- A passion for a research
- Strongly familiar with various style guides, especially AP Style
- Experience with SEO is an asset
- Available to work a flexible, full-time schedule
You are/you have:
- Creativity/innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to their work every single day.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
This is a freelance, remote position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company. This is a six-month contract position with the possibility of extending into a full-time position.
More About Us:
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!