Chief of Staff
People and CultureFull TimeWestmount, QC
Who We Are:
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally. We’re building the future of local media!
Narcity Media is looking for a motivated and experienced Chief of Staff to work closely with our Executive team and report directly to the CEO. In this role, you will help the CEO and Executive Team navigate through uncertainty and risk. The chief of staff will be expected to execute on strategic, operational, and cultural agendas, while also implementing changes that cause minimal daily disruption.
We are seeking a high-energy critical thinker, who is obsessively organized with a strong interest in shaping the new order of local media. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communication objectives between departments.
The right person should be an awesome communicator capable of holding people accountable in an ever-changing environment. This person should possess proven experience in a business management and operations role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
Daily & Monthly Outcomes:
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company initiatives, high-level projects, productivity trackers, OKRs, proposals, and planning
- Own productivity metrics company wide
- Assist the human resources department with new hires, including documentation and onboarding and high-level issues
- Oversee daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of tasks from following up, leading new initiatives, documenting project briefs, drafting press releases, organizing projects, building case studies, hiring, and more
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- 2+ years working in a digital media company
- 3+ years in a business or executive management role
- A degree in Business Administration or similar field
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability in English (ability to speak french is considered an asset)
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience working in Project Management
- Must be willing and capable to travel often across the country
- A Diplomatic Leader: Someone who has organizational and political intelligence
- A Strategic Thinker: Someone who can grasp and add value to the leader’s vision
- Organized: Someone who can manage the process of idea to execution
- Forward Thinking: Someone who can anticipate and avert problems
- Empathetic: Great at managing multiple relationships at the same time
- Communicative: Someone who communicates extremely well, has no problem breaking down complex information and challenges
This is a permanent remote position based in Montreal, Quebec. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
We offer many perks such as a flexible-first office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
$80 000 - $100 000
More About Us:
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!