Freelance Sponsored Content Writer
StudioFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are:
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
We are a group of passionate, creative individuals who are devoted to creating the best content for our readers and clients. We are on a mission to revolutionize local news and travel globally.
Narcity Media's Content Studio department is looking for a motivated and experienced English freelance sponsored content writer to join our rapidly expanding Studio team. The English sponsored content writer is a freelance, work-from-home position that involves working collaboratively with Narcity Media's sponsored content editor to create highly valuable pieces of content.
We are seeking a wordsmith with a diverse writing background who is capable of taking on any subject. They are adaptable, passionate, and excel at turning a brand’s key messages into an engaging story.
The right person should be an expert in the digital marketing landscape. They should also understand how to create compelling native content for a wide variety of clients under Narcity Media Umbrella.
- Creating factually accurate, engaging, high-quality copy for a wide variety of brands under Narcity Media’s various English platforms
- Closely following client-provided guidelines
- Formatting articles in conjunction with Narcity's style guide
- Maintaining high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines (often next-day turnaround)
- Delivering a minimum number of articles per week and/or month, to be discussed, mainly on a rush basis
- Available to take on articles Monday to Friday from 9 AM-5 PM EST
- At least 1-3 years of freelance and/or professional writing experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Excellent written English, including spelling and grammar, plus outstanding native storytelling and research skills
- A penchant for storytelling and knowing how to relate to an audience and hold their interest, no matter the topic
- Good judgment, ability to work without supervision, and skilled at multitasking and meeting tight deadlines
- Flexibility/ adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Efficiency. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort
This is a freelance, remote position based anywhere in Canada because we are a flexible-first company.
More About Us:
The name Narcity comes from the belief that we should all be narcissists for our city. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!