Social Media Operations Specialist
CampaignsFull TimeCanada, Remote
Who We Are
Narcity Media is a digital-only media publication that owns and operates Narcity.com and Mtlblog.com. We connect with millions of millennials monthly on our websites, social channels, and app.
In Client Success, our goal is to provide outstanding client solutions support. We execute advertising and branded content campaigns, to work towards (and surpass) client objectives, while engaging our audience with relevant and shareable content.
Narcity Media is looking to hire a dedicated and autonomous Social Media Operations Specialist to join our team. The Social Media Operations specialist will be reporting to the Client Success Manager as a member of the Campaigns Department.
We are seeking a Social Media Operations Specialist who will own all things related to Facebook Ad Manager (trafficking, optimization). They will help with the handling and execution of all social-based sponsored activations on Narcity Media’s properties.
The right person should be fluent in English with functional knowledge of french. They should also be extremely organized and possess strong time management skills. Lastly, the candidate must also possess working experience using ad servers, SSPs, and major social ad platforms (particularly with Google Suite, Facebook Ad Manager).
- Familiarity with AdOps / AdTech terms and deliverables, eager to learn
- Provide regular insights on ad performance across platforms
- Ad trafficking and optimize towards improving performance on all major social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snap, YouTube, etc), and ensuring ad campaigns deliver in full and meet client KPIs
- Assist team with reporting, granular report requests, insights at post-campaign
- Being a proactive communicator. By taking the initiative to monitor and flag under-delivery/low performance and suggest optimizations, reviewing assets and flagging creative or technical issues and assisting Client Success with solutions feedback
- Assist with maintaining performance benchmarks, best practices, etc
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Operations Specialist or similar role
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- A desire to constantly learn
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills (bilingual french speaking candidates are preferred)
- Strong knowledge of ad servers, SSPs, and social ad platforms; particularly with Google Suite, Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter, TikTok, Snap, YouTube, etc
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A passion and strong understanding of the digital media & advertising industry
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Asana or Trello; we use ClickUp)
- Efficient- Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organized- Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Proactive - Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
Calm under pressure- Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress.
Available to work a schedule consisting of Monday to Friday from 9am- 5pm
This is a permanent remote position, open to candidates located in Canada. Compensation will be commensurate with experience
We offer many perks such as a remote office, wellness fund, phone and internet allowance, an extensive benefits package, and a competitive salary.
The name Narcity comes from the belief that you live in the most interesting place in the world. Narcity is the spark that connects you with the awesome city where you live. Every single day, you can discover what's new, what's now, and what's next, and the tools you need to uncover the people, places, and passions that power your city.
Why do what we do every day? Because your city matters.
If this resonates with who you are, take the first step and apply, we can’t wait to talk with you!